Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

If it's to be believed it looks like our Turkish chums are in the market for another mega-bargain signing with reports saying they want him for about a million. Personally, I think Whittaker is likely to just keeping getting better and with him looking like a decent backup for emergency central defence duty as well I can't see Ally being willing to let him go for a bargain basement price like that. Time to get his contract extended and only let him go if we get a very good offer and he wants to leave himself.

It also seems like Miller wants a buddy, so they go "oh we will goto that club we played against they seems like soft touches". Not a chance they can get lost.

According to the Express we have dropped interest in Diouf. Good news imo I think he will go to West Ham seeing as Allardyce is there now.

RANGERS owner Craig Whyte will start talks this week over new deals for Allan McGregor, Madjid Bougherra, Steven Whittaker and Steven Davis.

Boss Ally McCoist has made it clear he wants the quartet to stay and believes they can provide the foundations for him to build on Walter Smith’s success. McCoist, who was away on a spying trip last night, said: “We are looking to open talks with Allan McGregor, Steven Davis, Steven Whittaker and Madjid Bougherra.

“I have spoken to Mr Whyte and he has already lined up a number of meetings with some of the players’ representatives. All four are key players and we are keen to get their contracts extended.”

Whittaker, Davis and Bougherra are entering the final 12 months of their contracts, while keeper McGregor has two years left.

Captain Davie Weir is currently on holiday and talks on his future will be put on hold until after then.

McCoist is hoping to strengthen his squad and could make a move for Dundee United striker David Goodwillie if his current court case is dropped, but he has ruled out a return to Ibrox for El Hadji Diouf, who was on loan from Blackburn

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/250314/Rangers-to-open-talks-with-star-quartetRangers-to-open-talks-with-star-quartet#ixzz1O4eMDqMB

ALLY McCOIST is weighing up a move for Samba stopper Emilson Sanchez Cribari.

The new Rangers boss has been offered the chance to sign the Brazilian defender from Italian outfit Napoli.

Cribari, 31, is available on a free transfer after being told he can quit the Serie A side.

The big centre half has been tipped for a return to his homeland with Brazilian cracks Botafogo leading the chase to land him.

Cribari's agents have also been working to get him offers from clubs in the UK.

McCoist has been running the rule over him as he ponders offering him a deal.

The new Gers gaffer is desperate to sign a defender with Davie Weir's future uncertain.

The 41-year-old could be offered a new 12-month deal but would NOT be expected to play throughout the season.

Madjid Bougherra is also likely to attract attention this summer.

Meanwhile, Turkish outfit Bursaspor's move to tempt both Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker to Turkey last night appeared to have stalled.

Reports there claim �£5million-rated keeper McGregor - also wanted by Aston Villa - is too expensive.

They are now eyeing Stijn Stijnen of Club Brugge in Belgium.

Bursa believe they could land Whittaker, with only one year left on his deal, for �£1m.

It's understood, however, that McCoist will fight to keep him.

Gers have received NO formal bid as yet.

Bursa hitman Kenny Miller, who has struggled to adapt to life in Turkey, has been linked with a THIRD spell at Gers.

McCoist is looking at other options with Israeli Tomer Hemed a target Gers received a major boost yesterday when they were confirmed as top seeds for the Champions League third qualifying round. Should they reach the final qualifying round they'd again be seeded.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3613972/Coisty-eyes-Samba-stopper.html#ixzz1O6E7k45j

McCoist is looking at other options with Israeli Tomer Hemed a target Gers received a major boost yesterday when they were confirmed as top seeds for the Champions League third qualifying round. Should they reach the final qualifying round they'd again be seeded.

So if we do want Hemed and we don't move quickly then he would end up ineligible in Europe for the 2011/2012 season a l�¡ Jelavic :brick:

Unless I am mistaken, the Scottish transfer window opens on July 1st, right?

I'm not sure. I heard because the season starts early the window will open earlier. Bosmans can be signed now, I guess transfers can also be concluded now and registered when the window opens.

If it's to be believed it looks like our Turkish chums are in the market for another mega-bargain signing with reports saying they want him for about a million. Personally, I think Whittaker is likely to just keeping getting better and with him looking like a decent backup for emergency central defence duty as well I can't see Ally being willing to let him go for a bargain basement price like that. Time to get his contract extended and only let him go if we get a very good offer and he wants to leave himself.

Whittaker is undervalued and underappreciated imo. Decent player for us and we should be looking to keep him.

Unless I am mistaken, the Scottish transfer window opens on July 1st, right?

Apparently someone asked and its the 9th of June when the window opens. Not that it matters with bosman transfers as the player can only be registered when his contract is up usually start of July.