Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Guest BRIANMC1

I have a feeling the window will end like the one Eck did when he signed Jeffers, Ostenstaad, Bernard and a load of other Shyte.

I have a feeling the window will end like the one Eck did when he signed Jeffers, Ostenstaad, Bernard and a load of other Shyte.

Nah, I think we'll have alternatives in mind. Juhasz would be a good start by the end of the week. Then we can concentrate on a creative player.

Guest BRIANMC1
Nah, I think we'll have alternatives in mind. Juhasz would be a good start by the end of the week. Then we can concentrate on a creative player.

The only reason I am hopeful on Juhasz is because I think we will use the Bougherra Cash.

If we go out tomorrow I see the Targets getting worse.

Interesting that Goodie transfer seems to have failed over staged payment plan. IIRC, we paid off �£9mill of staged transfer debts in late 2009.

Clearly that was a MIH/LBG plan to make club more suitable for sale but interesting that Whyte seems happy to sanction similar strategy. Obviously staged payments are common throughout football but perhaps United felt worried over any HMRC claims? As a creditor they may have lost out.

May just be me.....but I am getting the impression that United just simply don't want to sell Goodwillie to Rangers!!!! Latest rumours suggest that we are near enough matching Blackburn's offer, yet the deal still appears no further forward.

I heard we'd put in a fifth bid which STILL didn't match Blackburn. But even if we offered 2.75M, that still isn't enough now. And curiously enough, I am getting the impression that UTD ONLY want to sell to us. Don't ask me why, but given all the mind games going on have made me think they really want us to stump up enough cash for him. Or maybe that was before Blackburn offered 2.8M. That said, I get a further impression that the player doesn't want to move to England.

I don't think that even if the initial valuation had been met, he would have signed. Goodwillie may want to sign, but if the club don't want to sell him to a particular club, they don't have to.....

I would disagree with that. He'd have signed if we'd offered the asking price. It's always been about money and getting what they wanted. Selling clubs hold the power, not buying ones.

Interesting that Goodie transfer seems to have failed over staged payment plan. IIRC, we paid off �£9mill of staged transfer debts in late 2009.

Clearly that was a MIH/LBG plan to make club more suitable for sale but interesting that Whyte seems happy to sanction similar strategy. Obviously staged payments are common throughout football but perhaps United felt worried over any HMRC claims? As a creditor they may have lost out.

I'm not sure I buy this. We've signed plenty of players in the recent past without a stupid plan like this, why suddenly use it for one player?

I'm not sure I buy this. We've signed plenty of players in the recent past without a stupid plan like this, why suddenly use it for one player?

We've also signed plenty using such plans - see �£9million write off.

:)