Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

As I said before, if people want to blame anyone, blame the lad himself. Fair enough if he wants to finance his old club. Not fair enough if he wants us to do this. Let's plungs some EPL riches into the SPL too, no need that we finance the league all day long.

The one thing I do not understand his why we are still bidding. Then again, maybe Whyte quietly asked Thompson for a little poker game, so the Tangerines can squeeze more money out of the Rovers ...

Does anyone think we have any other priority targets - first choice targets - who are not the ones we are reading about in the newspapers etc?

I don't know but I like to hope so, I am wondering at the moment as I don't want another Beattie signing.

DAVID Goodillie's on-off move to Blackburn should finally go through this morning.

The 22-year-old Scotland international travelled to Lancashire yesterday to hold signing talks with the Premiership club after they agreed a �£2.8 million deal with Dundee United. Goodwillie is understood to have negotiated a �£20,000-a-week contract with Blackburn and was expected to undergo a medical before signing yesterday.

But manager Steve Kean has jetted off to India for a meeting with club owners Venkys to discuss his plans for the season and this caused a delay in proceedings.

The Scot had wanted to wait until he was able to meet Goodwillie in person later this week before finalising the move.

As a result, the striker returned to Scotland yesterday afternoon without having undergone the medical tests and it looked initially as though the deal could collapse.

After further talks between Blackburn and Goodwillie's agent Liam O'Donnell, though, Kean contacted the player to reassure him he is wanted at Ewood Park and he is now expected to sign today.

Rangers have refused to give up their pursuit of the player and tabled a new offer for him yesterday lunchtime but, while the deal has now crept over the �£2m mark with further add-ons to come, it was still not acceptable to United.

It is believed Rangers wanted to schedule payments over a period of three years rather than pay up front for the player but this is not a scenario United are prepared to consider.

Former Ewood Park striker Kevin Gallacher, meanwhile, believes Blackburn will have pulled off a signing coup if they land Goodwillie. The Scot who, like Goodwillie, started his career at Tannadice, believes Kean will be getting a bargain for just �£2.8m.

Gallacher said: "If David signs for Blackburn then it's a great move for him and also a bargain for them at that price.

"When you look at the sums of money spent in England on players, to get a striker with his scoring record for that is a great bit of business. I think he will do well in England. I have seen him play quite a few times and he has all the attributes you need.

"Obviously coming to England is a step up from the SPL and it might take him a wee while to settle. But if he can get in amongst the goals early on, which is always key for a forward player, then there's no saying what he could achieve.

"You just need to look at Charlie Adam. He came down from Rangers to Blackpool and a couple of years later has just gone to Liverpool for big money.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/David-Goodwillie-assured-move-to.6811378.jp