Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

As long as Ally has a decent replacement up his sleeve, I am not really bothered. That said, I'd be satisfied if we get Verhoek, as Jelavic and Naismith look in the mood, and for some reason I think that we have adequate subs in Lafferty, Healy and Hemmings. Wouldn't mind Murphy though ...

That 4th bid for Goodwillie came after he talked to Blackburn?

Dunno. Just going with what the BBC are saying although they've also got on their website that Goodwillie is 'set for Blackburn medical'.

Who feckin knows anymore!

I think we should look at other targets. I very much doubt we will get Goodwillie now. I also believe we need a striker because in the first 3 games that lack of use with Healy and Hemmings says it all for me, especially the first 2 games when we needed a goal. Lafferty will be 2nd choice striker behind Jelavic but they will play together and Naismith will no doubt go back to the wing area. A lot might be dependant on the CL result as well.

The fact that there has been no sighting of Hemmings, Healy or Beattie in the first three games tells me that we actually need 2 strikers. I would say one to go straight into the team with Jelavic and another as back-up alongside Lafferty.