Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I understand everyones frustrations,but I don't think the transfer deals have been as bad as some are saying.As has already been said the players we have bid for are what the manager/Rangers think they are worth and if they don't succeed in getting their targets then it seems to me it's because the clubs/players/agents of these targets are trying to screw Rangers for much more than they are worth.I'm the same as every other fan and would love to see new players in place ASAP,but I must admit I also like the way the club is adamant that they won't be held to ransom. I also think that a lot of the frustration is down to our slow start to the season which in it's self can lead to a bit of panic.Let's wait and see what transpires regarding new signings. And I'm not going to use the lack of signings as an excuse if we fail to qualify for the next round of CL qualifiers because when you sign new players they will need time to settle in to the team.It's frustrating and hard to accept but these qualifiers are very early in the season and if we had signed all the players we were reputed to be after I don't think we would be in a much better position regarding performances and results.It was always going to be a very difficult task to qualify for the CL group stages.

It would appear that the budget is open to interpretation. It has been pointed out in other places, that we spent roughly �£7 million last year,wherever it came from, when we where allegedly run by a bank,

It was probably only �£3m, maybe less, if you take into account the sales of Thomson and Wilson.

That is very true I suppose but we also had guaranteed champions league income last season due to the added benefit of going straight into the group stages, this is something we don't have as it stands.

I see, so the new owner's �£5 million, which is �£2 million less than we spent last year, is reliant on CL money ? Strange way for a new dawn to begin, with less being pledged.

It was probably only �£3m, maybe less, if you take into account the sales of Thomson and Wilson.

It matters not a jot where it came from, we spent it. Mr Whyte was allegedly going to do all sorts of things on the spending front, I really don't see very much at all.

It matters not a jot where it came from, we spent it. Mr Whyte was allegedly going to do all sorts of things on the spending front, I really don't see very much at all.

Really? So he has already tied down McGregor, Davis, Papac and Whittaker on contracts which we would not have been able to do if the club never changed hands. He has spend �£1.5 Million on Wallace, 800k on Goian, 500k ish on Ortiz and we are still looking at bringing in 3-4 more players before the end of the month.

Yeah you're right he has spent no money at all ;)

I believe wabash would tell you that the reality of the situation is that he hasn't, which events yet to unfold will prove the provenance of.

We'll see but I'm reasonably comfortable with Whyte's contribution so far - especially in comparison with what was happening before.