Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Why would English speaking folk or the Dutch spell it in German?

Because they want to be �¼ber-correct :-D ... and on a nitpicking sidenote, English, Dutch and German are actually all West Germanic dialects ...

As for Ajax and this guy, remember that Austrian sources claimed that we have already signed this Nigerian defender from Salzburg on a free, weeks ago. No word on that either.

The most important target now is Juhasz and we will still need another CB. Bougie will be a loss.I dont see the other centre backs having his penchant for playing the ball out of defence and joining our attack with his sorties upfield. That's a rare talent and priceless nowadays.

At the end of last week we apparently had money set aside for Goodwillie, Verhoek, and Juhasz. By the looks of it, we don't need the Goodwillie instant cash, we may not need the Verhoek instant cash, and we get 3m for Bougherra (I assume the Quatar folk pay up front). That should be enough to make Juhasz a formality.

Another day, yet more targets missed out on. And add to that the loss of Bougherra and this window is going from bad to worse.

We've signed:

Ortiz - a player who has yet to shine in any meaningful way. Looks so far every inch a 500k winger. Admittedly being played on his weaker side isn't helping.

Wallace - looks not bad and may be worth the 1.5M.

Goian - far too early to judge.

Bedoya - the bugger can't even play till January.

Our new signings have not exactly been the overhaul the squad needed. It's good that we've tied McGregor and Davis up, not so good that we've tied Whittaker up.

I think we really need some good news. And that would start with getting through tonight against the odds. Can't see it though.

Guest Dutchy

My vrouw's Ajax supporting son asked me last night if we had signed Verhoek, so he doesn't seem to have any info on what's happeing with him either!

Although the Dutch and German languages are very similar, the Dutch much prefer to speak English, some actually hate the Germans. It's a war thing. Remember Advocaat being very cool to Albertz!!!