Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

None of them are 'marquee' players, not even close.

Goian: seems decent so far, probably about the same as Bougherra but without the stinking attitude.

Ortiz: struggled to settle in, not really performing yet.

Wallace: decent, better than Papac by a bit of a distance.

Bartley: seemed impressive last season but can't judge him yet this year.

Bedoya: only just joined, can't really comment yet.

Bocanegra: decent without being special.

McKay: obviously cannot judge at all.

I think we've done very averagely. That Wallace was our big summer signing borders on slightly depressing.

Whith such great expectations you're sure to be dissapointed,did you expect big signings Danny?,I never,but this time last year we would have lost Jelavic,Davis etc. Again we have a good enough team/squad to retain our title and have made a couple of decent signings as well as tying up our better players and these new signings are good enough to make an impact in the SPL.

Goian: seems decent so far, probably about the same as Bougherra but without the stinking attitude.

I think we've done very averagely. That Wallace was our big summer signing borders on slightly depressing.

Back in January, we couldn't even offer Miller a decent contract.....THAT is depressing.

We now appear to have some decent players brought in, and have the makings of a good, solid squad. The re-building of the squad will be an ongoing thing....probably with another 1 or 2 faces coming in Jan.

Fair enough analysis but not sure how you think Wallace is better than Papac 'by a distance'?

Sure the lad has done OK and seems decent enough going forward but he was also found wanting for both goals in Maribor. Until he wins several trophies like Papac has done, plays regularly internationally like the Bosnian does and delivers the same kind of reliable consistency over a number of years, I'll defer my own judgement.

Whith such great expectations you're sure to be dissapointed,did you expect big signings Danny?,I never,but this time last year we would have lost Jelavic,Davis etc. Again we have a good enough team/squad to retain our title and have made a couple of decent signings as well as tying up our better players and these new signings are good enough to make an impact in the SPL.

This time last year we'd just signed Jelavic so if we'd then lost him that would have been a dodgy affair indeed ;)

Fair enough analysis but not sure how you think Wallace is better than Papac 'by a distance'?

Sure the lad has done OK and seems decent enough going forward but he was also found wanting for both goals in Maribor. Until he wins several trophies like Papac has done, plays regularly internationally like the Bosnian does and delivers the same kind of reliable consistency over a number of years, I'll defer my own judgement.

Fair enough, you're a fan of Papac. I'm not so keen on him, particularly his refusal to close down crosses. What I've seen of Wallace has impressed me more than Papac ever did.

Fair enough, you're a fan of Papac. I'm not so keen on him, particularly his refusal to close down crosses. What I've seen of Wallace has impressed me more than Papac ever did.

All players are prone to mistakes,Wallace was guilty of allowing the Maribor player to nutmeg him before crossing for the goal.

No, I'm not a huge fan of Papac (and his failure to close down crosses infuriates me as well). I also think Wallace is the ideal successor and am looking forward to seeing him improve over the coming years.

As it stands though, he's still very raw and arguably not as defensively strong as what Papac is. To that end, he has a long way to go before we can be consider better than the Bosnian.

Aye,I should have said '' the likes of '',but then again I'm sure you knew that.

We retained Davis and Shagger, that was vital and I applaud that. Whittaker was a mistake, one I still can't fathom, but fending off at least one bid for Jelavic was impressive.

We did a decent job securing what we had, but we didn't do much of a job bringing in better players. We simply bought wholesale, inexpensive players who could do a reasonable job domestically, but which was a long way off being good enough for Europe.

You seem to be quite happy with our summers' business?

We retained Davis and Shagger, that was vital and I applaud that. Whittaker was a mistake, one I still can't fathom, but fending off at least one bid for Jelavic was impressive.

We did a decent job securing what we had, but we didn't do much of a job bringing in better players. We simply bought wholesale, inexpensive players who could do a reasonable job domestically, but which was a long way off being good enough for Europe.

You seem to be quite happy with our summers' business?

Well,I do think we are strong enough and good enough to retain the title for 4 in a row,we haven't lost any important players. Goian & Bochanegra replaced Boogie.We only have domestic football to concentrate on so there is no point talking about european football.