A sniff again at 10-in-a-row?

Sorry for jumpin' the gun here fellow Bears, but there's a bit of 'de ja vu' going on with me right now & I'm sure many True Blues out there will be feeling the same.

In Jan' 1991 after winning 2 titles back to back and going for number 3 we ALL had the feeling maybe we could match the bheasts record of 9-in-a-row.

Back then it was easy to think that way....Rangers were flying we had 'loadsa money' and the bimbos were nowhere, in fact our main rivals were the likes of Sheep & Steelmen.

In recent times Rangers have against all odds romped to 2 titles with our main rivals struggling to do anything about it, especially when you look at the state of Rangers financially, yet still the 'moaners' just can't catch us - 'we welcome the chase' - Bill Struth.

Isn't it just possible with the installment of a new manager - 'Super Ally' and hopefully a new owner of the club with some funding for the team that maybe this is the run that doesn't stop at 9-in-a-row?

I'm forever the optimist....That's why I support the 'Gers.

WATP! No Surrender.

Edited by 54andcounting

I'd prefer not to even think about how many in row before we actually secure number three...

I second that. Let's beat Hearts DU and killie before we talk about 4 in a row.

There has been a feeling about 1998 throughout the season. However since the split its seems to have disappeared for me and now Im confident we have 3 in a row IF we do the job against Hearts and Utd.

I actually think Celtic will drop more points again at either Killie or Hearts.

Before Caley result, I thought win the three games, and hope they drop points. Not a sliver of doubt that we would take 9 points.

Now I am bricking it about the remaining games, strange how the mind works.

This Title will be good enough for me........for now at least.

If we can win the title this year in the face of everything that's happened to us, been written about us, the role of the bank and the attempts of other parties to derail things and influence officials then I think its as satisfying an achievement as 9IAR personally. Especially when you consider the amount of money Celtic have spent this season in an attempt to rebuild (again).

If we can win the title this year in the face of everything that's happened to us, been written about us, the role of the bank and the attempts of other parties to derail things and influence officials then I think its as satisfying an achievement as 9IAR personally. Especially when you consider the amount of money Celtic have spent this season in an attempt to rebuild (again).

Agree with this completely.

I don't think I've ever wanted to win a title as much as this one.

Agree with this completely.

I don't think I've ever wanted to win a title as much as this one.

Apart from maybe Helicopter Sunday i have never been so wound up, sick of those Vhermin's antics this year. They have pulled every dirty trick in the book and then some, this season has raised some bitter memories and feelings of hatred i long thought i had buried about that club and it's supporters and their sympathies..