318. Directors’ service contracts to be open to inspection.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

I'm now worried that a stream of people are going to appear asking to see my contract. :sowsuser:

:D

Well, I would assume that is what he did when he "only" suspended them for the time being. The "financial stuff" is only a rumour uttered by "a press source at Ibrox", so who's to say that ain't all garbage. In any case, as I have said elsewhere, this isn't the way we should be dealing with such topics. Take these people aside, tell them that their time is up and why (if that is the case), and ask them for the sake of the club to keep a lid on things.

The suspension could have waited a couple of days, surely.

This is one of my worries with Whyte, the way people in his business treat employees. I hope he understands the difference betwen a Football Club and the Supporters, with the usual Companies he works with.

The suspension could have waited a couple of days, surely.

This is one of my worries with Whyte, the way people in his business treat employees. I hope he understands the difference betwen a Football Club and the Supporters, with the usual Companies he works with.

He still needs to treat employees (e.g. Bain) at the company (Rangers) as he would normally in business. The fans (or customers as we are sometimes known :() may be a different case.

This has grown arms and legs. I was given confidential information which, as someone has correctly pointed out, doesn't make it correct. It also doesn't make it wrong either. As to Bain, it will all come out in the wash. I was expressing an opinion, not making an accusation, as some are trying to imply. I said; "IF he acted in a manner ...etc, etc. Not, HE DID act in a manner..... etc, etc. As I've said, I was expressing an opinion. Nothing else.

That's all fine and well mate, but as you say, these things grow arms and legs. Did you ask your source where he got the info from? Someone leaks information, said information gets spread whether true or false and all of a sudden you've got Rangers fans running around spreading the word that Martin Bain has stolen from Rangers is if it's a fact. Ok, so they might be gullable idiots, but you have to take that into account when releasing info in public that you can't substantiate. Some people will buy into anything they read or are told and that's why there's guys posting on Gers forums stuff like 'Bain stole from Rangers. He should be hung, drawn & quartered'. That's why the mhedia have had a field day with the Bain suspension. Our title celebrations are being swept aside and our club's image blackened by these rumours of our CEO being on the take. Who started the rumours?

One other thing; the board of directors was not intact and fully functioning, as has been suggested. However; be that as it may, argue among yourselves. I've said all I'm going to say on this. But I will say this in closing, if I have upset anyone by my postings, I apologise profusely, that was not my intent. Like all Rangers' supporters, I want only what is best for Rangers.

You haven't upset anyone as far as I can see. Gersnet is a place for discussion and I don't think you've crossed any lines. In the forum rules it states that unsubstantiated accusations aren't allowed and Admin have asked that any allegations that can't be substantiated be removed, but you're not making any allegations yourself, you're merely speaking of them based on info you were given. This is something which happens all the time, but we need to be careful not to buy into every rumour that passes through. It's common sense that questions be asked and unlikely stories be regarded with scepticism by anyone who wants to just as anyone who wants to believe them is free to do so.

"You haven't upset anyone as far as I can see. Gersnet is a place for discussion and I don't think you've crossed any lines. In the forum rules it states that unsubstantiated accusations aren't allowed and Admin have asked that any allegations that can't be substantiated be removed, but you're not making any allegations yourself, you're merely speaking of them based on info you were given. This is something which happens all the time, but we need to be careful not to buy into every rumour that passes through. It's common sense that questions be asked and unlikely stories be regarded with scepticism by anyone who wants to just as anyone who wants to believe them is free to do so."

Point taken.

• 2 weeks later...
After watching the Walter thing on STV last night and seeing Bain I thought it very strange there's been no more updates on his position.

Can only assume investigation into him and McIntyre is ongoing.

Must surely be affecting the club's ability to move forward though given Bain was responsible for so much. Andrew Dickson (the Head of Football Administration one) seems to be acting in his stead at the moment.