Rangers 1 v 1 Hearts - The Quest for 55 begins slowly

If Papac is injured and Weir suspended Id look at this team tomorrow.

:am:

:kb::sw::mb::lw:

:jmo::sd::lm::gw:

:sn::nj:

First game is important so id include the experienced McCulloch but id be looking for Hutton and Ness to challenge him for his place in the coming weeks. Also prefer Naismith at RM but with the Miller signing looking unlikely and Lafferty injured he is next best option to partner Jelavic.

We desperately need a centre half, after that we have good back up all over the park. McCoist seems to have covered the wide positions with kerkar given a new deal plus the American coming in January.

I would start young Hemmings up front with Jelavic tomorrow. Has shown a lot more in pre-season than the likes of Healy and Beattie. Naismith can play up front but I think he is more of a threat coming in from the right. With Wallace coming in I can see a back 4 of Whittaker-Boogie-Papac-Wallace

Agree with Gribz about the back 4. Whittaker looked solid there at the end of last season. I also think Broadfoot is a better back than a centre half. I would still have Edu in there instead of Wylde. Bring on Wylde at the 60 minute mark.

Yep, I would prefer Whittaker to Broadfoot at CB. However, that said, much of why Whittaker looked so good there is because he played alongside Weir as Bougherra's replacement. Not sure that having Bougherra AND Whittaker at CB would work - would still be more comfortable with that pairing than having Broadfoot in there.

I would start young Hemmings up front with Jelavic tomorrow. Has shown a lot more in pre-season than the likes of Healy and Beattie. Naismith can play up front but I think he is more of a threat coming in from the right. With Wallace coming in I can see a back 4 of Whittaker-Boogie-Papac-Wallace

Absolutely not imo. Hemmings did well against a Linfield reserve side but was a little out of his depth against Blackpool. I would absolutely not start him tomorrow.

I do like the defence though. Anything which stops Broadfoot playing.