I was concerned along with Danny during pre-season in Germany when we could'nt score and lost every game - the writing was on the wall back then and MOST guys on here didn't see it. That team has died.
You're so right. Yet some of us took pelters for being concerned about pre-season friendlies. It's not the fitness let us down - it's the lack of confidence that comes from losing, losing, losing. Edited by alexscottislegend
sp

You're so right. Yet some of us took pelters for being concerned about pre-season friendlies. It's not the fitness let us down - it's the lack of confidence that comes from losing, losing, losing.

I was concerned along with Danny during pre-season in Germany when we could'nt score and lost every game - the writing was on the wall back then and MOST guys on here didn't see it. That team has died.

When you get beaten off a 4th Division amateur side, the alarm bells should start to sound yet there are people who refuse to remove the blue tinted specs to see the negatives.

Well, that was dire. And I don't see it getting better.

MOTM was McGregor. If not for him it could have been 4 or 5.

Whittaker was abysmal. Actually I struggle to think which outfield player got pass marks. Maybe Wallace.

I refrain from giving our team too much stick here. It has played exactly one competetive game so far and was dealt a hammer-blow with Whittaker gifting the Swedes a goal. 19 shots on goal, 8 on target, with 3 of them sure to go in any other day of the week. Champagne footie like at the end of the season was not to be expected. Anyone thinking the Swedes to be a pub team were at last woken up.

People can do their little devil's dances about this or that player, the manager or what have you. Tonight simply showed the stupidity of having to play a team that is half-way through it's season (as was Kaunas). We were well off pace and accuracy, as any SPL or English team would have been (remember that Fulham only drew 0-0 in the Faroers a week or so ago, also a league that plays summer footie!). That was to be expected, that is nothing that can be switched on just like that, by no team whatsoever. And there was no doubt either that the Swedish champion had some quality in them. This will be a long week and we sure have to dig deep to get to the next stage. As I said above, on any other day of the calendar, Jela and Naismith would have buried their chances. Maybe that day comes as early as next week.

Agreed.

I never seen the game,however it is a bad result no doubting that,but this tie is far from over and can be turned round,obviously we need to have a drastic improvement but it's still on for us to turn it round as it stands. Going by these stats it seems we had enough chances to win the game.

Agreed.

I never seen the game,however it is a bad result no doubting that,but this tie is far from over and can be turned round,obviously we need to have a drastic improvement but it's still on for us to turn it round as it stands. Going by these stats it seems we had enough chances to win the game.

Malmo had more clear cut chances than us so they could've scored more. It wasn't as if they had one chance one goal and scored with a fluke. They pished on us for the entire first half.

It was very, very poor. Broadfoot played well enough on Saturday whilst Whittaker was poor - yet Broadfoot was dropped. Wrong decision. The midfield looked completely rudderless, didn't know which way to go. Ortiz looked totally right sided when played on the left, yet was put back there. I'm desperate for Ally to be a success - as with most probably, he's one of my favourite players - but he has to make sure he doesn't become a clone of what has come before. He looked lost tonight, which doesn't inspire confidence in players or fans. I find it surprising that the players haven't had a bit more oomph about them given that he has worked with most of them for 3 years or so, you would think they would want to play for him and understand his ideas. Don't want to get too downbeat, but things ain't looking great.

So as I said earlier in the thread a Walter mark 2, no subs, has favourite, team selections far to respectful especially for a mid table Swedish team, woeful long balls. I hope he isn't and finds out himself that players are droppable. Whittaker is one that might be more difficult to drop after Ally pursued him a lot to get him to re-sign.

metlika ... it was his second competetive game in charge. Calm down. We have to wait and see what he will throw at his future opponents (say 10 weeks) to make any announcements on the above. His tactics were IMHO spot on, a 3-5-2 was adequate, the only backdraw was McCulloch and Edu in there, and Edu on the park for 90 minutes.

And again, this Swedish mid-table team is 18 games into its season and, btw, the current Swedish champions. They are no Faroese folk or the like, they are people who know their trade.

metlika ... it was his second competetive game in charge. Calm down. We have to wait and see what he will throw at his future opponents (say 10 weeks) to make any announcements on the above. His tactics were IMHO spot on, a 3-5-2 was adequate, the only backdraw was McCulloch and Edu in there, and Edu on the park for 90 minutes.

And again, this Swedish mid-table team is 18 games into its season and, btw, the current Swedish champions. They are no Faroese folk or the like, they are people who know their trade.

When was the last time we played a 3-5-2?

Playing an untried formation in an important european game was daft and definately not "spot on".

Jelavic is such a fine player his vision is outstanding, he set up a few on a plate for his strike partner?? Why oh why did we not pay the �£800,000 for Miller??

I'm not knocking Naismith here, because I think he's one of our better creative players, but striker? No way.

I think our biggest priority is a decent strike partner for the sublime Jelavic before it's too late.

And while I'm on here who the f**k sanctioned a 5 year deal for Whittaker? that guy is a fuckin liability

@Berliner... Yep but in a weeks time we could be out the CL. We should be beating that Swedish team even if it is a bigger country than ours, especially losing at home. If we were away then I wouldn't have been so annoyed. McGregor also keep the score down tonight, mid season or not we should be fit enough and not be so respectful of the opposition. Where were the subs? Freshen things up if we are playing against a mid season team then? No trust in our strikers bar Lafferty who is injured.