Rangers reject �£6.5 million offer for Jelavic

If Jelavic "has lost interest in the SPL" then, IMO, we should sell him for the 8 million. I know that it is tough to let your best striker leave, especially in the last day of the window but if he cant be bothered with the SPL then how do we know we will see decent performances from him ? In fact, his performances this season would actually give credence to the Sun's report...

Can't argue with that, although I'd try and get a bit more than the the �£8m (if that offer is correct) from Leicester or whoever.

However as you stated, we don't really have the time to spend it, unless Rangers have planned for this scenario and have a

replacement(s) in position.

The cynic in me thinks that �£8m+ in the bank in exchange for a loan deal or Bosman would suit Mr Whyte very much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jelavic is sold and a few players are brought in. �£8m and he is gone.

Good to see you on Gersnet mate.

As for Jelavic, it wouldn't surprise me to see him sold as without any European football that means we have to find around �£8million to avoid going further into debt by the same amount next year.

Obviously that also means, as Gazza suggests, any replacement would be from the bargain bin, not a quality player.

ASTON Villa have made a late inquiry to ask Rangers if they will sell Steven Davis before the end of the summer transfer window tonight.

Record Sport can reveal the Premiership big guns received absolutely no encouragement from the Ibrox club, who yesterday booted out a �£6.5million bid from Leicester City for top striker Nikica Jelavic.

But now manager Ally McCoist will be anxiously counting down the hours until tonight's 11pm cut-off - hoping to hang on to his prized assets as England's vultures circle overhead.

Villa boss Alex McLeish, having been told there is no appetite to do a deal for Davis, has now turned to Manchester United midfield player Darron Gibson.

But sources at the club believe he may yet turn back to Davis if his talks with the Old Trafford fringe man fall through.

An insider added: "Alex is a big fan of Davis and knows what he can do.

"Even if he doesn't make a move for him this time round there is every chance he'll be back again in January."

Jelavic's advisors, meanwhile, insist their client was left in the dark as big-spending Leicester fired the first shot in the race for his signature.

Rangers unexpectedly announced yesterday that they had booted out a �£6.5million bid from the Championship outfit, sparking frenzied speculation that Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is about to return with an even bigger offer this morning.

And yesterday's developments have stunned the player and his camp who insist they were completely unaware of any activity.

The 26-year-old striker was back in Zagreb yesterday on international duty, preparing to lead Croatia's attack against Malta on Friday as, back in Glasgow, Rangers made the unusual move of going public with the Leicester bid on their own club website.

A statement said: "Rangers Football Club can confirm that they have today rejected a �£6.5million bid for striker Nikica Jelavic from English Championship side Leicester City."

But this came as quite a shock to Jelavic's advisers, Sinisa Soso and Velibor Momcilovic.

Momcilovic told Record Sport: "None of us knew anything about this and we don't know why Rangers have chosen to make this offer public.

"All I do know is that Nikica is busy preparing for the national team.

"Is he happy at Rangers? I believe so but that's a question for him to answer.

"All we can say is that there has been no contact from Leicester and no contact from Rangers so this has all come as a surprise to us."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/08/31/rangers-kick-out-bids-for-steven-davis-nikica-jelavic-as-ally-mccoist-bids-to-hang-on-to-his-stars-on-transfer-deadline-day-86908-23384852/

Scottish media who's like them our players bored with SPL with no euro football haven't seen them telling us Septics players are bored with no euro for two years no they are playing for only club they ever wanted to play for. Wait see how long it takes the media to write he was never worth 8mill transfer Market has gone crazy, until the next player to his beloved Septic goes it's a bargain at 8mill followed by it's breaking his heart to leave but it's for the good of the club makes you want to spu.

Hate the transfer window but imagine the old days when they could leave anytime we would be sitting on needles all season f#*k that for a laugh.

If RFC want to sell (and it seems certainly possible) then it is in their interests to get the bid public to increase the price.

Hopefully, the opposite is true and they only highlighted the rejection to allay supporter's fears but it's difficult to know for sure.

If RFC want to sell (and it seems certainly possible) then it is in their interests to get the bid public to increase the price.

Other teams, and our targets agents always make our bids public (as does McCoist) so why wouldn't we do the same when a club want to buy our player? Some people are making out that it's OK for others to do it but not us. Pfffft!

Other teams, and our targets agents always make our bids public (as does McCoist) so why wouldn't we do the same when a club want to buy our player? Some people are making out that it's OK for others to do it but not us. Pfffft!

I don't have a problem with it myself.

Hope we only sell if the price is right and we have replacements lined up. And I do not see Diouf and (sic!) Murphy not as replacements. Once he's gone, we should move quickly for Jamie Murphy (at least!), but IMHO we will not sell him before x-mas.

Squeaky bums time ...

If we need to balance the books and sell one of our players i would sell McGregor he would command about 6-8m we have Alexander who is good enough for the SPL. There is also alot of deadwood which should be offloaded to square up the books.

I have no doubt Jelavic will end up in the Premiership i was thinking at the end of this season, he has been poor of late but i believe once he's motoring again he will be a massive player us, we need a quality partner to play beside him and someone who can poach goals. If he is sold and i don't see him going to Leicester we need to have someone with quality to replace him, going with Lafferty,Healy,Beattie, till even Jan could cost us big time.