All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

He's been badly out of form this season, along with others, and on current form isn't worth £7M. But he's still, when at his best, the best Scottish keeper around.

The thing is he's 29 now and there's a tenuous case to suggest this might be him on the way down in terms of form.

Half of me would take the money and run given his displays this year, the other half thinks he's utterly terrific when he's on form and I'd be mad to sell. I'd choose him over Alexander any day of the week anyway...

Whilst i respect your opinion mate i couldn't disagree more. Shagger is an outstanding keeper,in form top 5 in the UK. Yes by his own very high standards, he's not had a great season but how many times has he pulled us out of the shit? Sometimes, and we can all be guilty of it,but we have very short memories. To sell him would be a terrible move. Correct me if i'm wrong but has any of his blunders cost us points this season? I haven't seen all our games so just asking.

P.S At the age of 29 he's got at least 6 years at the top level. As i keeper myself i only felt more or less complete in my game when i hit 27. I'm 29 now and now feeling comfortable with my all round game i'm getting better and better(well i feel).

Keepers, providing they look after themselves are going on for longer in the modern game. Buffon(36),Friedel(39),Reina(33?),Schwarzer(36/37),Van der sar was what 40? Oliver Khan was another that played well into his late 30s.

Best yet to come from Shagger but for a guy that's playing for a top club for the past 6 or so years and he's made bloopers you can count on both hands,well that's a great run of consistency from any player.

Friedel is 40 I believe and has 18 months left on his Spurs contract. So will be 42 when contract is up, goalkeepers don't really peak until they are Shaggers age. Also I agree with you on Van Der Sar, Man U bought him when he was 35/36ish so there you go.

Also Pepe Reina looks older than he actually is, he is 29.

Friedel is 40 I believe and has 18 months left on his Spurs contract. So will be 42 when contract is up, goalkeepers don't really peak until they are Shaggers age. Also I agree with you on Van Der Sar, Man U bought him when he was 35/36ish so there you go.

Also Pepe Reina looks older than he actually is, he is 29.

Reina 29?? Well there you go :-)

I would like to see McGregor get a shot at a Man Utd or an Arsenal, putting aside my selfish wish for him to finish his career at Rangers. If we are going to pull in some money for him (which could potentially solve our HMRC problem in one go) it would be a move that I would reluctantly endorse. The guy deserves to play at a higher level, we all know he's got the talent.

Whilst i respect your opinion mate i couldn't disagree more. Shagger is an outstanding keeper,in form top 5 in the UK. Yes by his own very high standards, he's not had a great season but how many times has he pulled us out of the shit? Sometimes, and we can all be guilty of it,but we have very short memories. To sell him would be a terrible move. Correct me if i'm wrong but has any of his blunders cost us points this season? I haven't seen all our games so just asking.

P.S At the age of 29 he's got at least 6 years at the top level. As i keeper myself i only felt more or less complete in my game when i hit 27. I'm 29 now and now feeling comfortable with my all round game i'm getting better and better(well i feel).

Keepers, providing they look after themselves are going on for longer in the modern game. Buffon(36),Friedel(39),Reina(33?),Schwarzer(36/37),Van der sar was what 40? Oliver Khan was another that played well into his late 30s.

Best yet to come from Shagger but for a guy that's playing for a top club for the past 6 or so years and he's made bloopers you can count on both hands,well that's a great run of consistency from any player.

You said you couldn't disagree more, but the problem is I am divided on my opinion. So is it half of me you disagree with and half you're agreeing with ;)

SSN reporting that Sochaux have made Edu their top target this window.

Wonder why, tbh, but I suspect few would be horrified at the sale as long as we at least break even on it.

Edu isn't worth anywhere near what we paid for him. We only got about a million for Ferguson and half a million for Adam (not counting the sell-on cash), so thinking we can get our £2.6m back for Edu is delusional. Getting a million would actually be pretty decent business if anyone is willing to pay that much for him.

Heard on Clyde 1 last night on the way to work that Ortiz and McKay are both looking to leave and that Novo doesn't want to sign for us until the end of the season.

Neither of the former 2 have really been involved so not surprising. We DO need replacements though, but not perhaps in their positions.

I read that about Novo too.

We STILL need creativity and AT LEAST one striker, even if those guys leave.