I'm not admonishing Ally of all blame, Aluko should not be on the right albeit he was very bright inside the early period, and I couldn't understand Wylde also being played out of position on the right, but quite simply the majority of the side is badly out of form. Key players like Jelavic, McGregor, and significantly Davis are really out of sorts - Lafferty is in reasonable form but wasn't up to par tonight. Even Boca is starting to get a little inconsistent - some great positioning and ball use but occasionally makes a hash of a tackle and gets booked.

QUOTE]

This is the bit that really gets me going. Aluko (to the greatest extent) and Wylde (100%) are all left foot, so we play them on the right, just like Walter did with Rothen. I understand about cutting in and having a shot which is fine if you can get a shot away, as Novo did when played on the left; but surely the point of a winger/wide MF player is to get to the bye line and cross for others to score and neither Aluko nor Wylde can do that on the right.

What this seems to be about is Wallace getting a game in LMF because Ally has realised at last the Papac is his best LB. So this means that it is a case of either playing Wallace in LMF and forcing either Aluko or Wylde to the right where they are totally out of place or leaving out Wallace to play one or other on the left. I would leave out Wallace and give Aluko a shot in LMF where he scored goals for Aberdeen. If he can't do it there, let him go at the end of the season.

I still don't really understand why we bought Wallace unless it was as a future replacement for Papac or to put pressure on him to sign the one year deal. I would have given Papac two years no danger; easily our most consistent defender for 5/6 years and proved it again last night.

Agree about Bocanegra, has looked outstanding but needlessly booked last two games; perhaps frustration showing through. Still as good as we can hope to have in that position IMO.

It's difficult to contribute when you're hardly ever on the park.

Ortiz is a RB; so if he isn't going to get a game now, I would try to punt him back to Spain. He did his best playing so far out of position that it wasn't true in LMF especially in Malmo but he couldn't tackle with his left foot, I felt very sorry for him. I think he's a good honest player but not good enough (nearly said Rangers quality but not sure what that is any more) and neither is Bedoya. I would give Mckay a chance now alongside Davis.

And Zappa and Craig are 100% correct about Davis, his contribution has disappeared out the team since Naisy got injured.

I think his body language tells you everything you need to know; the world or at least Rangers' world is on his shoulders and he is not bearing the burden very well. I would be tempted to make Papac or Bocanegra the captain and see if that released Davis to play with a bit more freedom.

The hard work starts tomorrow in training! Time for these players to muscle down and give 100% in training and on the park starting with Motherwell! For far to long these players have failed to heed warning after warning and a few should be worried about where they stand in the first 11 as they can be easily omitted if there not committed!

Time for them to be doing double sessions so they can actually practice free kicks and the like in the afternoon.

Sorry to be a party pooper for some , but the recent fad is to play left footer's on the right and vice versa the thought process being that they are stronger when cutting inside , its just another fad , like the player in the hole , or the diamond formation etc etc , however whats not a fad is playing LB's at Cm or left back in front of left back , i mean who would be mad enough to do that

I think his body language tells you everything you need to know; the world or at least Rangers' world is on his shoulders and he is not bearing the burden very well. I would be tempted to make Papac or Bocanegra the captain and see if that released Davis to play with a bit more freedom.

....or bring Weir back, he's fit and ready and has never let us down, or is that a step back?

Sorry to be a party pooper for some , but the recent fad is to play left footer's on the right and vice versa the thought process being that they are stronger when cutting inside , its just another fad , like the player in the hole , or the diamond formation etc etc , however whats not a fad is playing LB's at Cm or left back in front of left back , i mean who would be mad enough to do that

Who indeed?