We had Jig in there tonight yet Davis was playing deeper than him at times - so the only creative CM we have is actually playing BEHIND the defensive midfielder. To be honest, I actually think that Davis is hiding.

Maybe being captain is changing Davis, but for me it's all about Naisy who really inspired Davis to attack and link up with the strikers.

Maybe being captain is changing Davis, but for me it's all about Naisy who really inspired Davis to attack and link up with the strikers.

Rather then become a shrinking violet he should be taking charge when an important player is out injured. He has done the exact opposite of what he should do.

He barely even looks to get forward these days. He used to be a bit of a goal threat and now he gets a nose bleed when he is over the halfway line.

Reading all the comments on this post it's amazing how fans out there are quite happy to see Jelavic sold in the next transfer window....well I must admit I will be happy to see him sold as well, basically the guy hasn't been doing it for us all season, sure he's our top scorer but effort and will is just not there.

A wee bit like Boyd (sorry for bringing his name up again) but at least he scored more while fat-lazin' about. And Zappa and Craig are 100% correct about Davis, his contribution has disappeared out the team since Naisy got injured.

Edited by 54andcounting

There was a guy on Radio Ireland, sorry, Scotland just now, crying.

The got rid of him quickly which was a terrible christmas spirt.

What if he goes away and joins the septic support?

There was a guy on Radio Ireland, sorry, Scotland just now, crying.

The got rid of him quickly which was a terrible christmas spirt.

What if he goes away and joins the septic support?

Prank/piss take call no doubt.

Just came home from work and was actually looking for a better result - only for my text-service chap to let me down here. So the disappointment is doubled. Alas, I spared downloading the game (at that minimal rate right now), after the headline on this board gave the result away.

Anyway, I've said it all along, despite Naismith's grand season, a lot of our people have been playing sub-standard (their own that is) and continue to do so. What really beggars belief is that Ally does and did not drop the likes of Davis and Whittaker when he should have, so the mediocre stuff continued throughout these last two months, despite the fact there was potential on the bench. And no matter what others think, these chaps like McKay, Fleck, Bendiksen and even Ortiz can't be that bad.

This morning I read Davis and Ally bragging about us being good enough for a win. That has always been a bad omen, the last time someone in blue said somesuch it was Whittaker ahead of the Malmö games. Here we go again. Right now, I for one - despite all the emotion - would have no problem if we do decide to sell the likes of Jelavic and - dare I say it - Davis ... if that means that we bring in people who want to play football with heart and soul and give 110% each and every week. And I do not care whether these people come from Accrington Stanley, Barca or East Fife, as long as they do their job.

As for the result ... sure, Timothy will be jumping up and down the streets, as they were last season. But much like back then, or when we were mathematically 15 points clear, nothing is won or lost in January. We just managed to throw a healthy lead away and if we lose this title, serious questions have to be asked, not just McCoist, but also the attitude of some - key - players. But May is a long time ahead and we have an interesting month of January coming up.

As my signature says ... Fortune will have her way, and she alone choses it.

The hard work starts tomorrow in training! Time for these players to muscle down and give 100% in training and on the park starting with Motherwell! For far to long these players have failed to heed warning after warning and a few should be worried about where they stand in the first 11 as they can be easily omitted if there not committed!

Very hurtful result last night. After what i thought was a decent 1st half from us,the goal really took what little wind we had out of us. We were totally comfortable in the game i felt. We defended decently (although some of our clearances we rash and with no composure) and i don't think we looked in that much danger on the whole.

Shame Broadfoot got caught a little on his heels for the goal cause he played well,but there is now a core of our players that really need to get their heads out of their arses and man up.

Davis,ain't really seen the bloke this season,he's meant to be the best midfielder in Scotland...

We are half the team without Naisy,FACT.

Can't believe people on this forum or wherever having a go at Jelavic. The guy has had zero service to go on but still manages to manufacture chances for himself. People that say he's disinterested have their glass half empty IMO.

Ally needs to have a look at himself to. We got the 4-4-2 most of us would have wanted but for me i was left puzzled by his first substitution. I couldn't believe he brought off Aluko for Wylde when it looked obvious that Wallace should have been replaced. Wallace, although he had a go, clearly had no pace to get by their right back once in the game.

Talk about service to our front men, i think the first meaningful cross into their box in the 2nd half i remember was in the 88th minute. We went a goal down in what, the 51st?

However i'm not panicking too much, there's a long long way to go and i'm sure we can improve in the coming months. We have nothing to fear from them at all. If at all possible, we need investment,we need a spark. Fell so annoyed we don't have guys like Novo or Wiess who would make us a lot more dangerous. Once again, poor decisions...

I still think we've been riding our luck to a degree over the last few seasons and from a layman's point of view there's still some glaringly obvious problems that need to be fixed. This isn't the first time Davis has disappeared match after match for weeks on end. We've lacked a truly creative midfield(er) for some time now.

I know McCoist (allegedly) missed out on many of his first-choice signing targets, but why then go ahead and strengthen the squad with guys like McKay, Ortiz and Bedoya if you're not going to give them a run in the side. Especially when that side is struggling, even when winning games. I know that can be the sign of champions, but we've not been grinding out results in the same way as we have done under WS, we've been looking much less assured.

What's the point of playing a 4-4-2 if we don't have a settled front pairing and resort to long and high balls from the back?

Is it a case of a lack of leadership and organisation on and off the park this year that's making the small albeit crucial difference? No Smith on the sideline and no Weir on the park? And yet some of Ally's traits seem to be direct from the WS school of thinking which is fine and to be expected, but maybe they're not working simply because he isn't Walter Smith?

Our best performance of the season was Motherwell away, with Ortiz, Davis, Naismith and Wylde in midfield. That is pace, creativity and guile. I for one do not blame McKay or Bedoya or even Ortiz here, for they were never given a real chance in a steady and good team. Matter of fact, McKay never got a chance at all. So I stay away from any great criticism of them, far greater players have come in and struggled for more than a year. Back then, we had other performing on their peak level though.

Our problem remains that we have apparently hit some hard rocks and those in there, those with responsibility, cannot get us over that barrier. You would have hoped that last week's defeat was a great enough kick up the respective backsides and Ally's line-up confirmed that he had learned ( though I assume his hand was forced with Broadfoot). The players who carry responsibility had not ... or could not life up to the standards required. Hence my hard statement above: if selling Jela nd Davis is needed to acquire what is needed for Rangers FC, no-one is bigger than the club.

Still, I won't join up any panic brigade as yet. As was said before and as you see today, the world is still rotating, Rangers FC still in existence. It have been some torrid two months, but we are still 5 months away from any serious decision. They have had a "fine" streak without hitting any excellence either - whatever your next Hooped Horror might spout today. I do imagine that teams who have settled squads like St. Johnstone, ICT and St.Mirren will despite all the malice they receive not least from our parts continue to plug points away from them, while I hope that we get a few new faces in January to drag us out of the mire. The tinkering has to stop though and people have to be hold responsible for sub-standards displays. At the end of the day, each time they take the field, they should be made very much aware of the fact that they are living our dream and we have some right to expect a certain level of return here.

Edited by der Berliner