Craig Whyte Statement

Frankie, I think the biggest challenge to any owner is going to be the readjustment of supporter expectations. I still think there's a lot of fans who don't care about the financial side of things, no matter what the consequences, just so long as don't finish second. That's been proven time and time again over the last however many years.

There's no quick fix to the mess we're in financially, or to the setup off the park in terms of how the club, coaching and scouting are structured.

Am I just showing my ignorance when saying CW has said all along that his hands are tied until the outcome of the EBT issue?,I guess what I'm trying to say is what more is expected of him until this is resolved?

It's just semantics. He could technically argue that it's not the supporters money since the money came from Ticketus, the fact that it's supporters money finding it's way to Ticketus is a redundant point to him.

As for the VAT he could technically argue if there has been no actual demand specifically for £5m then he hasn't avoided a £5m VAT payment.

Then why no Carter Ruck threats?

I think it is really just a poor piece of journalism....which if taken to the courts may just prove a waste of time.

Liked what he had to say especially about the last regime. I haven't bought a paper in over two years simply because I was sick of reading half truths and downright lies printed about our club.

So you trust him?

Don't think he is saying they are lying....its more to do with the manner in which it has been reported - sensationalising the issue and creating a mountain out of a mole hill

In the most lurid terms, the Record accuses the Club's management and, specifically me, of using supporters' money to help fund the buy-out of Rangers. Not true.

The Club is accused of not paying £5million in VAT. Not true.

He does appear to be accusing them of lying.

Regarding the £5m in VAT accusation - He can easily say that's "not true" if the reported figure is wrong. It's not as if the statement at any point denies that VAT is outstanding, just that the DR's claim of £5m is not true.

It's also worth noting that while he's specifically said certain things are untrue, he hasn't denied the 4 years ticket money part OR the reported amount of money received up front for the ticket revenue, so can we reasonably assume that these aspects of the DR article are accurate or certainly close to accurate??

Strange, it is exactly the opposite impression I get from his statement, Danny.

Horses for courses I guess.

I've always said time will tell whether we can trust Whyte - clearly 6 of you do. There hasn't been a scrap of evidence to support his integrity, other than his own claims.

It's intriguing that no former business associates or colleagues have ever publicly defended him and his practices. While plenty have attacked.

Horses for courses I guess.

I've always said time will tell whether we can trust Whyte - clearly 6 of you do. There hasn't been a scrap of evidence to support his integrity, other than his own claims.

It's intriguing that no former business associates or colleagues have ever publicly defended him and his practices. While plenty have attacked.

That does make a lot of sense and has taken me back 3 steps after going 5 forward :D

Regarding the £5m in VAT accusation - He can easily say that's "not true" if the reported figure is wrong. It's not as if the statement at any point denies that VAT is outstanding, just that the DR's claim of £5m is not true.

The club will always have VAT outstanding (unless they have just bought a player) so it's hard for him to say that there's no VAT outstanding.

However the point that you and FS are making is a fair one and I wasn't trying to make any other point than Whyte is accusing the DR of lying.

It's just semantics. He could technically argue that it's not the supporters money since the money came from Ticketus, the fact that it's supporters money finding it's way to Ticketus is a redundant point to him.

I don't think I'd agree with that. That interpretation goes beyond semantics, and if what you are suggesting is true then what he is saying is, in my opinion, a bare-faced lie.

Raises more questions than it answers, interestingly no threat to sue for the Record, Traynor, Jackson or Murray for libel.

Exactly what I was going to post. Has the investment he promised in the circular happened yet?

All I see is the club going from one shambles to the next.