Craig Whyte Statement

I stopped buying the Daily Record many years ago and if I had been in the shops this morning and saw the big headlines I still wouldn't have parted with my cash to read the story.

But as Danny said it's CWs word against them and no former business associates or colleagues have stuck up for him in the past.

I hear bookie odds have come down from 35/1 to 10/1 on Rangers disappearing into the abyss because of this latest revelation. :facepalm:

The club will always have VAT outstanding (unless they have just bought a player) so it's hard for him to say that there's no VAT outstanding.

However the point that you and FS are making is a fair one and I wasn't trying to make any other point than Whyte is accusing the DR of lying.

While I would agree that he certainly wants the fans to think he's accusing them of lying I don't think he goes quite that far but I just may be being to kind to Mr Whyte....:)

I don't think I'd agree with that. That interpretation goes beyond semantics, and if what you are suggesting is true then what he is saying is, in my opinion, a bare-faced lie.

I don't in the slightest doubt your opinion.

I feel a little better after reading that. Whyte is basically wanting us to really pull together here. He's trying to steer the club through the worst shit storm in it's history put on us by the old regime and just about everyone in the Mhedia and anyone not connected with Rangers is trying to kick us while we are down.Everyone on here wondered where Murray was when sections of the Mhedia were sticking the bhoot in but Whyte comes out right away and sets a few things straight.

We are like the global financial crisis of the footballing world, we just need to stick together and see it through. All will come good in the end

I feel a little better after reading that. Whyte is basically wanting us to really pull together here. He's trying to steer the club through the worst shit storm in it's history put on us by the old regime and just about everyone in the Mhedia and anyone not connected with Rangers is trying to kick us while we are down.Everyone on here wondered where Murray was when sections of the Mhedia were sticking the bhoot in but Whyte comes out right away and sets a few things straight.

We are like the global financial crisis of the footballing world, we just need to stick together and see it through. All will come good in the end

Love your optimism, but the jury is out for me as far as CW is concerned.

I can't believe the amount of people that are buying into this story.

If the season ticket thing is a scheme that most clubs use & that was in force before CW then how can this possibly be a discredit to him?

The people attacking this man are the very people who helped put our club where it is now.

I, for one, will judge him once the tax case is settled. Until then its sensationalism vs semantics.

Did the previous management use it for season ticket money 3-4 years in the future or only the current year to solve a short term funding issue?

That's a very good question BD.

Something I noticed is that the (now "old") MG05s form forlanssister posted was related to ALL ticket money income, not just season tickets!!!

With that form having been removed from the record as FS pointed out, it raises other questions. Why was it removed from the record? Was there a mistake in it? Has it been replaced with a new registration form?

There's lots more questions too!

With regards to his failure to sue the BBC, for what it's worth, I've looked into the law on that subject, and compared it with what was said and such things. To cut an inanely long story short, he does have case at common law. However, it's a difficult area and the public interest defence is really quite strong. When I looked at cases of this nature that the BBC has lost, they are far more clear cut. If I were to guess at the advice h received, it would be something like, "you have a case, by no means a clear one, and if you lose, as you may, it won't be interpreted more widely as the nuances of delictual claims of this sort but rather that you have accused someone of lying and you didn't win, so the inferred accusation will be considered true". Which is to say, the legal case, irrespective of legalities, would most likely be interpreted as a trial on Craig Whyte himself, and he would be unwise to go into a legal action in that context unless he could be sure of winning.

The whole BBC thing confuses me. He was accused of 'criminality' on the basis that he was a director on boards when he had been disqualified. He slammed the BBC for their muckraking exercise, withdrew co-operation with the club and released strong statements condemning them for being 'institutionally biased against Rangers'.

Quietly, 2 or 3 months later, he admits their accusation of his disqualification was actually completely true. What he seems to deny is being a director during that time, despite the BBC having documents which put his name on various companies' boards during said period.

The evidence against him isn't exactly weak, and he admits to part of it despite initially setting up a bit of a panic room regarding them.

So what's to say in 2 or 3 months he won't quietly admit to 'small aspects' of the Record's accusations too?