Responsible????

Who is ultimately responsible for the current situation?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is ultimately responsible for the current situation?

• Sir David Murray
    • Craig Whyte
    • Combination of both

It's all so fucking embarrassing for us.

The main thing outside family i miss being an ex-pat is The Rangers. But see when we get gubbed, and especially during this awful period, i can "hide" from the worst of it. The only time i see anything is when i log online. So i can avoid the pish taking by other teams. I'd have been locked up by now if i lived back in Scotland

I think in many ways we're all responsible.

Doubts about SDM have been publicised for over 10 years and still some fans refuse to believe he's as culpable as Whyte in terms of the current challenges the club faces. Obviously it's probably always been the case that the fans could have done little to change the recent past but hopefully we'll learn from our mistakes going forward.

I take that on board Frankie but ultimately fans are simple creatures. Over the last 5 years or so of major downsizing we have won 3 league titles (almost 4) and took part in the UEFA cup final. Up until our recent implosion on the pitch we were 15 points ahead in the league so sometimes it's hard for fans to mobilise for great change during a period when we have been relativley succesful on the pitch. For example I keep seeing our situation being compared to Celtic in the 90's but people seem to forget that Celtic fans only mobilised after a turgid 6 years of finishing outwith the top 2 (they even finished 5th one year) and losing finals to Aberdeen and Raith Rovers. So much for Parkhead faithful just not accepting it. It took them almost 6 years of dross and bankruptcy to do anyhting drastic about it

It's been evident that change was needed at our club and the appearance of the Tax case has only amplified that but as I said above most fans are simple in their needs and just want a winning team and more times than most over the last 5/6 years, that's what we've had. Mobilisation and demonstration will happen now that we are on the brink. I just hope it's not too little too late.

Murray brought us to the edge Whyte gave us the shove, whether that shove was needed is another arguement.

Agree with GA here

SDM took us to the brink and Whyte has led us over edge but ultimately it might have been what we needed (Not ideal situation I know)

time will tell on Craig Whytes roll in this sorry state of affairs but just now i feel SDM has to take the majority if not all of the blame for getting us into the mess we are in.

I clicked on Murray before I realised I could have clicked on both. The fact is as someone said above we may not have been in administration If Muir was still running the show so I definitely think it is both of their faults.

David Murray is undoubtedly the architect of our present predicament.

However, I can't remember anyone criticising him when the big money was spent in his successful years.

So, if we blame him for our present problems we must also praise him for those great years.

David Murray is undoubtedly the architect of our present predicament.

However, I can't remember anyone criticising him when the big money was spent in his successful years.

So, if we blame him for our present problems we must also praise him for those great years.

Exactly. It's something a lot of fans overlook. Put simply we wouldn't have 9iar without SDM. Yes, it has cost us now...good idea for a poll.