Administrators organise staff meeting for 4pm today (Wednesday)

I have read in some reports the top earners are willing to take pay cuts, but only if the jobs of those behind the scenes at Ibrox are protected.

'Record Sport understands seven players – including skipper Steven Davis, Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker – have not committed to the proposal from Duff and Phelps fearing their gesture would not save office workers, coaching staff and other ancillary workers from the axe'.

Edited by chilledbear

I think we have to be VERY wary with these news reports. "understands", "claims", and "sources close" mean essentially nothing, while the rest of it is buffed with volatile wording. Edge of the seats and squeaky bums stuff for the Rangers legions ... is the cry of the media here.

While I can see the point in trying to ease the monetary pressure here, if we have real interest in the club by various people deadlined for next week, is there really a need to swing the axe here and make the work of those taking over doubly-difficult?

Makes you wonder if the administrators are already lining their pockets and not giving much away...... These players are sacrificing huge wages in order to save others and the administrators are not giving any assurances about securing jobs! I'd be up in arms aswell if it were me!

Makes you wonder if the administrators are already lining their pockets and not giving much away...... These players are sacrificing huge wages in order to save others and the administrators are not giving any assurances about securing jobs! I'd be up in arms aswell if it were me!

The point is: this is what we are told by the press. Do we know whether the admins have talked to the staff at all and in any detail? I would imagine that the redundancies in that area are occuring too, but to which extent is another matter. Compared to what the players earn, the amount of money saved by making other staff redundant is probably very (as in VERY) minimal. Just MHO, of course.