Administrators organise staff meeting for 4pm today (Wednesday)

I think you will find this is most likely the work of Paul Murray,

He has iterated he did not want cuts and Admin have responded with well...

"You have until Friday to show us the money"

If we were really in the shit severe cuts would have been made right now.

Yep he said buying the club without a base of players holds less interest for him. Shall find the quote

I think you will find this is most likely the work of Paul Murray,

He has iterated he did not want cuts and Admin have responded with well...

"You have until Friday to show us the money"

If we were really in the shit severe cuts would have been made right now.

I could kiss you right now, even if you're wrong, it's given me a lift. My Xanax are about 20 mins away from knocking me out for 14 hours, so thanks :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/footba...rticle/2638789

Duff & Phelps, the Administrators of Rangers Football Club, today issued the following statement.

David Whitehouse, Joint Administrator, said: "We are announcing today we are accelerating the sale of Rangers Football Club.

"The Club is in a perilous financial situation and that should not be under-estimated. Regrettably, we have been unable to agree cost-cutting measures with the playing staff on terms that will preserve value in the business. We understand the players' position as the scale of wage cuts required to achieve these savings without job losses were very substantial indeed.

"In view of this, we are faced with a situation of making redundancies within the playing staff on such a scale that would materially erode the value of the playing squad. We are striving to strike a balance where cost-cutting measures can be implemented but do not destroy the fabric of the playing squad to the extent that it will inhibit the prospect of a sale.

"However, no one should be in any doubt that in the absence of sufficient cost-cutting measures or receipt of substantial unplanned income, the Club will not be able to fulfil its fixtures throughout the remainder of the season.

"As a result, we are expediting the sale process and over the next few days we will be holding discussions with prospective purchasers who have declared their interest. The Manager, Ally McCoist will play an integral part in thesediscussions.

"If however it becomes apparent that the sale process cannot be accelerated there will be no choice but to implement very severe cost cutting measures at the Club."

I think today has confirmed it for me. We're going to be liquidated. I can't see any other realistic option, clutching at straws as I constantly am. Whyte's going to get his way and thousands of us are going to suffer for years to come. What an utter utter travesty. It is truly heart breaking. I wish I could bring myself to stay away from the boards. Seems like I've been logging in praying for a shred of good news ever since that cunt got his hands on us.

Hello, Samaritans.....

Stalled: Senior rebels give thumbs down to Ibrox deal as Wylde sacrifices career to aid staff

By Stephen Mcgowan

Last updated at 12:34 AM on 7th March 2012

A deal to avoid player redundancies at Rangers collapsed following a rebellion by senior players and their agents.

Had the cuts been agreed, Davis and keeper Allan McGregor would have seen their weekly wage of around £28,000 slashed to £7,000, while lower earners, such as Sone Aluko, will see their pay cut to £1,600 a week.

The players insist they are willing to take the cuts until the end of the season, with existing contracts effectively being ripped up and replaced by the revised deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111310/Rangers-administration-Senior-rebels-thumbs-Ibrox-deal-Wylde-sacrifices-career-aid-staff.html

Something wrong with the definition of "high earners" here because my info is that Celik was on £7,000/week which wouldn't put him in that category to my mind but according to his agent he was asked to take a 75% pay cut.

Something wrong with the definition of "high earners" here because my info is that Celik was on £7,000/week which wouldn't put him in that category to my mind but according to his agent he was asked to take a 75% pay cut.

I think his agent was quick to grab the opportunity by the throat and get his player another cool freebie deal within a few months and himself a decent earning too. I don't think that Celik fell into the 75% category, but throwing that number in eased the explanation by the agent.

If the players take pay cuts do the agents lose out as well or are their earnings only based on the original transfer fees?

Most likely based on the original transfer fees, but they'll be like flies around shite right now. MORE transfer fees on the horizon.