Administrators organise staff meeting for 4pm today (Wednesday)

Brian Swanson claiming our wage bill is 3m a month?! Where did he get that figure!

If it is indeed 3m pcm then that's higher than Tottenham.

1m pcm would seem a reasonable amount to chop from this figure.

I agree with this, but to achieve a saving of 1m pcm we would have to release our entire youth squad & still

have to release half the first team squad.

There's an annual culling of the youths come May anyway would make sense to bring it forward by a couple of months and add in that twat Sinclair.

There's an annual culling of the youths come May anyway would make sense to bring it forward by a couple of months and add in that twat Sinclair.

I agree that this should be brought forward, but at the same time I dont think it would make a significant impact on first team player redundancies.

Does anyone have Murray Park's financial accounts? Would be interesting to see what we would save by closing it for the rest of the season?

If telling someone to pull themselves together is mocking them then we live in a far worse nanny state than I thought.

No, it was being invited to stop crying i took exception to.

No, it was being invited to stop crying i took exception to.

Then I apologise. My comment was intended to let you know that I did see where you were coming from it but that ME crying would not help anything & so I was being realistic with my harsh posts. I wasn't intimating that you were being a crybaby at all.

I'm pretty sure our wage bill was down to something like £18M a year - a wee bit under 50% of turnover. That's 1.5M per month. Chopping 1M a month off means cutting two thirds off.

That's not to say we couldn't normally afford the wages but with a poor European and domestic cup run, we looked to be £5M short this year - which if the world was a bit more normal and honest, you'd have expected Whyte to put in as a loan - or Murray if he was still the owner. But then Murray didn't have the money and Lloyds weren't extending our credit which was why he was forced to sell.

Anyway the problem now seems to be that Whyte has syphoned off quite a bit of the club's money and deferred payments (eg PAYE and VAT) to keep the club running without using credit and so it looks like the bills in the 5M shortfall will all now be coming due at in something like the next five months and with no income or credit that means we need to find 1M a month just to be solvent.

The next big slice of income is from season ticket sales but with about 50% or more of them mortgaged off, we are going to see something like a £7M shortfall year on year for at least three years. Add that on to annual the £5M shortfall we already (especially with no European football and less prize money) have and you have another £1M per month to lose - at least.

So basically it seems we have to cut our expenses by £1M per month for a long time to come.

There are many expenses that just can't be lowered easily - maintenance costs, utility bills, security and police, logistics, and all other running costs. As over half our money is spent on this stuff you'd have to imagine we can lower it somewhat but it is less practicable to do than to cut the extortionate player wage bill.

But like I said above, cutting £1M from our squad wages basically divides it by three and will give us a squad closer to that of Hearts than Celtic.

If Craig Whyte is allowed to complete the scenario that is being portrayed, the club will not be able to compete for the title or CL for a long time to come and at least three to five years - a thirty point deduction in addition could even put us in danger of relegation.

It seems to be that after some unknown entity puts something like £20M on the table to buy a club that is debt free including HMRC but still owes Ticketus, then another £24M needs to be found just to bring us back up on an even keel and a further £20M needed to build a squad over three years.

Unless we shaft Ticketus with the CVA, we will need something over £60M of investment from whatever knights have the money. And even if Ticketus are removed from the equation, we'll still need £40M plus an increase in annual income of £5M to compete with Celtic.

At least when the Bunnet came in, it was a bull market in Scottish football, now it's (with a very ironic pun) a bear market, so it's difficult to see how we can attract proper investment and prosper in the short to medium term.

It seems like we need a deus ex machina to solve our problems.

Do you think Whyte, SDM or Bain are being kept up to date on the goings on today? Or are they sitting in luxury stuffing there faces with surf and turf and supping bottles of wine worth £1000s :disgusted:

They should all be ashamed today :wanker: