Brian Kennedy will make offer to buy Gers - Express

This guy sounds pretty autocratic, do we want one man making all the decisions again. Without the checks and balances of a 'true independent board' would offer?

If there's one thing to be learned from this whole debacle it is this, when Rangers are financially mismanaged, or is attacked by our enemies. These internal and external problems can put the club existence or livelihood in serious jeopardy. Ultimately It's us the supporters that suffer the consequences, through the emotional turmoil and financial re-commitment that is required to get our club back.

Only thing is, I hope there is no tie-up with the Sale Sharks for loan deals. Some of those guys would have got into a few of the selections Ally made last year!

After watching the Ireland v Scotland game, I'm not sure rugby players are tough enough for football - a slight tug on the arm and they go down like a sack of potatoes and get a guy sent off. If that Irish guy was playing for Rangers, he would now be facing a retrospective two game ban for simulation...

Guy comes across very well in that short piece, certainly more genuine than Whyte or Murray. He has experience of owning a sports club and there is something in the argument to say that there are benefits to having one person ultimately in charge at a club although we've also seen the negatives of this.

If he buys the club he will be very hands-off much like Sir Tom Farmer at Hibs. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing but at least we will be run properly.

Don't have an issue with that at all....

The important thing, as you say, is that the club is run correctly. Who ever the new owner is, they need to put a board in place that have their heads screwed on correctly. I am of the opinion that the board should be make up predominantly of Non-Rangers folk. This would give a great deal of objectiveness & impartiality - the club will be run with their brains, not their hearts!!!

Guest Dutchy

Very magmanimus of the guy, it all sounds great. I just worry about guys like this egos, he does like to use the word "I" a lot.

There is absolutely nothing in that claim on how he intends to run the club, but as his level of interest is neglible, and he's originally a Hibee, I suspect he will be looking to appoint a Rob Petrie type to run us.

The problem with that for me is, Petrie is a great accontant/bookkeeper, but a rubbish football man. He sells all his best players, then sacks the managers he appoints when the fans get sick of relugation battles year in, year out.

The best thing about this news to me is that at least we're not going to be going out of buisness and in time, a fans consortium may take over. He seems to be up for it with what he did at Stockport.

A lesser club, yes, but with lesser fans.