The RST told us to 'keep our powder dry'

It's not really a question of blame. I just don't believe the vehemently pro-TBK/pro-Murray line adopted by an influential Rangers site and the gleeful elimination of any dissenting voices raised helped TBK bid one bit; quite the reverse.

I would also question whether the disproportionately prominent role in TBK bid played by that web-site's owner helped the bid; again, I would suggest not.

Not so much blame, just stating my personal observations.

And you're entitled to make them, of course.

I just don't think the RST or our fellow bears at FF are any more culpable than anyone else when it comes to what has happened. Our fanbase is 'politically' fragile and apathetic generally. Saturday's protest showed we do have teeth but we lack cohesion where it matters.

Absolutely, there is no reason why the RST can't go on to be what it should be but it will need a fundamental change in leadership and removal of all ties to individual Rangers websites and initiatives. All supporters groups should be invited to participate in an umbrella type organisation while maintaining their own identities (VB's UB's etc) A single point of reference and more importantly a single register of Rangers fans throughout the world would be a powerful tool. Make registration free initially to swell the numbers.

Being able to go to the SFA, SPL and the club itself with 500,000 Rangers fans behind you would be enough to put anyone off meddling with us.

I've said for a while that there needs to be a SINGLE voice representing the fans & the various groups. Once that happens at a practical level, we will then see the influence that the Rangers support can have!!!

I have said a few times through out this and i stand by this, no matter the outcome The RST and other groups are finished in there current form. They have been part of and contributed to the worst period in the history of the club imo. If there is a Rangers team next season i dont see there being a way back for any of the supporters groups.

I have said a few times through out this and i stand by this, no matter the outcome The RST and other groups are finished in there current form. They have been part of and contributed to the worst period in the history of the club imo. If there is a Rangers team next season i dont see there being a way back for any of the supporters groups.

Very simplistic view on the activities of the RST, and I for one would like to get the "contribution" part explained. After all, the RST are only a rather small

group and what makes them look big is their prominence in the media. They have the club at their heart and chose to support people who do likewise. No fault in that.

On the other hand, the baulk of the support also looked on and did essentially nothing ... only after been organized by the supporters groups did some get their act together.

Finished? Far from it! After any sort of takeover these people should get into serious contact with the new owner and make their ideas felt, ere another Whyte-scenario of cloak & dagger stuff behind closed door can occur. For one thing is for sure, if the supporters groups are gone, Miller and Co., much like Whyte and Co. or TBK and Co. can do as they please with Rangers FC.

Now ridiculous talk of a pitch invasion tonight has surfaced on a certain forum...have the toys well and truly came out the pram?

But honestly, that is no RST thing and we all know that FF has a host of bampots inhabiting the place - which is no disrespect whatsoever, and GS will admit that too.

Now ridiculous talk of a pitch invasion tonight has surfaced on a certain forum...have the toys well and truly came out the pram?

Not at all. Just one OTT suggestion from one bear. No chance of this happening at all. :)

Very simplistic view on the activities of the RST, and I for one would like to get the "contribution" part explained. After all, the RST are only a rather small

group and what makes them look big is their prominence in the media. They have the club at their heart and chose to support people who do likewise. No fault in that.

On the other hand, the baulk of the support also looked on and did essentially nothing ... only after been organized by the supporters groups did some get their act together.

Finished? Far from it! After any sort of takeover these people should get into serious contact with the new owner and make their ideas felt, ere another Whyte-scenario of cloak & dagger stuff behind closed door can occur. For one thing is for sure, if the supporters groups are gone, Miller and Co., much like Whyte and Co. or TBK and Co. can do as they please with Rangers FC.

We all know what the RST set out to do and we can see what role they should play. They have succeeded to an extent in getting messages across via a traditionally hostile Scottish media. Credit to them for that.

But the fact is for years the RST has been a participant in the most disastrous period in the club's history. They spent far too long cosying up to David Murray, even when it was clear he wanted out and had nothing left to offer. They kept channels of communication going with the club's enemies, such as the appalling Spiers to whom they gave interviews, for far too long. They were massively wise after the event with Whyte, whom they initially welcomed. And latterly they've embarrassed themselves hugely by acting as lovestruck cheerleaders for TBK, led by ex-Rangers director Paul Murray. They have no clear media strategy; Radio Clyde should be boycotted unless they ask Dingwall for an interview, in which case the boycott is ditched. The quality of their written press statements, while containing laudable sentiments, is uniformly dreadful. Attendance at their AGMs would embarrass a meeting of the Flat Earth Society but their chairman totally denies this indicates any diminishing of their stature. In short, they're a mess and an irrelevance.

I agree that a Rangers Supporters Trust group should play a role in post-apocalypse Rangers but not if "these people" are their representatives. The plain fact is the RST will never amount to anything more than a factional splinter group while Mark Dingwall remains their most prominent member/spokesman. He's neither trusted nor respected by the vast bulk of the Rangers support and he represents division, not unity.

If the RST are serious about being players in the new Rangers, their entire structure needs to be adressed and their top team needs to be replaced.