Utterly divided support

Take a look across all the forums there are probably only 2-3k active contributors after to taking out all the double,triple (and more accounts), those who don't post etc. For as powerful a tool as the internet is the vast majority still get their Rangers fix from the papers,tv and radio.

Tannochsidebear is 100% correct to say we are far more united in the real world than we are in the cyber world, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

Papers TV and radio are a hell of a lot less reliable than the Internet! But I can't say I agree - Rangers fans I know who go to games express exactly the same views to me as they would online.

But I guess we agree to disagree on this.

OK, let me rephrase. The RST's most prominent member and media spokesman used his own website last week to call for an email campaign intended to bombard the newly announced preferred bidder for the club, supposedly to request information regarding his bid. As a result, the prospective bidder was swamped with abusive emails, which he mentioned as a reason for his bid being withdrawn

In addition, a known associate of the RST's media spokesman used the same site to encourage fans to display anti-American banners at Ibrox. This led to outrage among Rangers' USA-based fans and a perception that Rangers fans are anti-American.

Would you like to give us your views on these incidents?

I will, but it is only my opinion. There are 20 people on the RST Board. Four are female and the rest male and probably about half are under 40. There is also a mix from professional people to students so we are all very different and the one thing we all have in common is a love for the Rangers. In addition to being on the Board, a number of people are also involved in other Rangers related organisations whether it is a RSC, a website or a singing group. Some things we do as a group as part of the RST and other things we do as part of other groups or as individuals.

All of us were opposed to liquidation and didn't like the idea of a Newco so we were against the Miller bid and said so. Mark put Bill Miller's contact details up on his website although anyone could have got them. I'm sure every one of us would condemn anyone who sent a derogatory e-mail to him and, in hindsight, maybe Mark should not have done it but he did it as owner of FF, not as a Board member of the RST. Anything we have to say goes on our own website.

As for the banners, my understanding was that they were mainly aimed at the administrators, were up a very short time and when asked to do so the guys took them down. To suggest they were anti-American is crazy and I'm sure this 'outrage' is greatly overstated. There were paid for by a well respected local businessman who also feels very strongly about Newcos. Remember that this happened prior to him being made PB.

Obviously if it had to be between a Newco and nothing it would be different but that wasn't the case.

Take a look across all the forums there are probably only 2-3k active contributors after to taking out all the double,triple (and more accounts), those who don't post etc. For as powerful a tool as the internet is the vast majority still get their Rangers fix from the papers,tv and radio.

Tannochsidebear is 100% correct to say we are far more united in the real world than we are in the cyber world, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

This is correct. I've been to a few meetings recently where there have been reps from websites and organisations that supposedly hate each other but when everyone sits around the table everything is different - only Rangers matters.

Papers TV and radio are a hell of a lot less reliable than the Internet! But I can't say I agree - Rangers fans I know who go to games express exactly the same views to me as they would online.

But I guess we agree to disagree on this.

I'll give you the benefit and assume that the humour in that is intended.

I do go the games and once again state that Tannochsides summation is 100% correct.

Guest superrcooper7

bollocks. How can they not be anti american with words like "Yanks go home".

Typical and should but was encouraged by the fool that is MD who speaks 'for all of us' !

If you go back to the OP, I dont believe Rangers fans are as divided "in real life" as is made out.

I feel there is, and has been for a decade or so, an over-representative feeling amongst online forums, that does not echo the feeling amongst Rangers fans you meet at the matches, in the pubs, or in the workplace.

The online community are very badly divided. I can see this and understand it, but feel it is very wrong. There are very strong and active (but small in numbers) groups within each of the online communities who are very prod of their "own" forum, and like to defend the position of their own forum against other forums.

Take the RST for example. FF is its flagship due to mutual leadership. Those banned from FF due to admin/mod decisions go to Rm or here or elsewhere for their online Rngers "fix". They mump and moan about how they were banned from FF. Lets ignore for now if the bans were legitimate as it actually doesnt matter. Therefore they find a like-minded group who have lso been banned from FF. As FF is RST in the eyes of many, and has never been properly addressed by either, the RST is painted the same way. So we have a growing disgruntled number of people who feel hard done by on FF/RST.

This is absolutely nothing to do with being Rangers fans.

We pretty much as Rangers fans all want the same things. Our team to be successful on the park and well run off it. Nice and simple.

The main disagreements I see between Rangers fans in real life generally are about tactics, players, the manager. Not forums. Never.

Online, the arguments are far more political. Its all about the forums, the fans groups, individual fans and spokespersons.

The real difference is that online people are far more willing to have go (anonymously of course) at other Rangers supporters beliefs. Also, the time available to have a rant online is generally far more readily available to people than on matchdays.

I dont hear any calls for there only to be one fans forum to unite all the online fans together as one, when it is the online forums that are the most divided and divisive of all. But i do continually hear calls for the organised "real life" fans groups to unite, when in fact on almost all issues they are united. Funny that.

One point which I have to make: I was banned from FF for being consistently anti-RST. Not vice versa.

In other words, I'm not anti-RST because I've been banned from FF. On the contrary.....

A small but important point.

bollocks. How can they not be anti american with words like "Yanks go home".

Typical and should but was encouraged by the fool that is MD who speaks 'for all of us' !

Can you show me a photo of a banner saying that?

Can you show me a photo of a banner saying that?

I saw a banner which said "Yanks No Thanks - Truck Off Miller ". You'll find pics on this site.

I appreciate you feel compelled to back RST but you/they (ie their leading light, Mark D) got this one very badly wrong.

I'm afraid you guys have to accept that.

I saw a banner which said "Yanks No Thanks - Truck Off Miller ". You'll find pics on this site.

The pics of banners on here are pics from Willie Vass because we have his RSS feed. Sometimes we link to them in threads right enough.... :D