Utterly divided support

That is not true.

OK, let me rephrase. The RST's most prominent member and media spokesman used his own website last week to call for an email campaign intended to bombard the newly announced preferred bidder for the club, supposedly to request information regarding his bid. As a result, the prospective bidder was swamped with abusive emails, which he mentioned as a reason for his bid being withdrawn

In addition, a known associate of the RST's media spokesman used the same site to encourage fans to display anti-American banners at Ibrox. This led to outrage among Rangers' USA-based fans and a perception that Rangers fans are anti-American.

Would you like to give us your views on these incidents?

Don't usually post on RST threads for the reason that I've never been a member, but I'd like to know one or two things.

On RM, Manticore used to post some manifesto type drivel written by MD all about how Rangers was a British, right wing, Protestant etc club and that lefty types who disagreed could jog on. Being a lefty type who disagreed I was therefore not very keen on his Mb or his RST, which is very definitely what it looks like from the outside. Seeing as the club is in crisis (crises?) and seeing as Frankie says above, that FF and the RST are (unbelievably to me) likely to be influential with new owners, whoever they may be, I feel a bit torn between getting involved with people I fundamentally disagree with and doing nothing while Rome, if you'll pardon the expression, burns. So can I ask:

does the RST have a 'baggage' agenda? to give an eg, I'd sack the lad who was lifted for sectarian BoP last week if found guilty, since in the wake of the Lennon bombs we just can't have that sort o'thing around us. What would their stance be on that type of affair? Was it they, eg, who stuck the pointless 'to hell with the SNP' rhyme on the march banner? Being a card carrying member I could hardly walk behind that, it would be like going to an SNP meeting and marching behind a 'to a hell with The Rangers' banner! Are they overtly nationalistic, like the VBs? Is it really a bunch of puppets, all guided by the unseen hand of one individual?

Hope no-one is offended by these questions but it's pretty hard to see through the fog.

Right wing? Really? I've never associated Rangers fans with being right wing...

*jogs on being neither right wing, nor protestant*

Guest de_bear
OK, let me rephrase. The RST's most prominent member and media spokesman used his own website last week to call for an email campaign intended to bombard the newly announced preferred bidder for the club, supposedly to request information regarding his bid. As a result, the prospective bidder was swamped with abusive emails, which he mentioned as a reason for his bid being withdrawn

In addition, a known associate of the RST's media spokesman used the same site to encourage fans to display anti-American banners at Ibrox. This led to outrage among Rangers' USA-based fans and a perception that Rangers fans are anti-American.

Where did this bit happen?

Guest superrcooper7

They won't. Never do. Will never have anything to do with aqnything that prick MD has anything to do with!

OK, let me rephrase. The RST's most prominent member and media spokesman used his own website last week to call for an email campaign intended to bombard the newly announced preferred bidder for the club, supposedly to request information regarding his bid.

Do you think this would have been the same for any preferred bidder?

Bill Ng said today 'an observer' has told him for his own sanity to stay away. You wonder which side these comments are coming from.

Guest superrcooper7

Bill Ng said today 'an observer' has told him for his own sanity to stay away. You wonder which side these comments are coming from.

Pretty obvious this fool will do anything to promote TBK while encouraging every other member to send abusive emails etc to any other bidder. Any decency he would get to fuck. Sorry for the language, just every time I asee him on TV I want to smack him or more politely turn over!

Come on, it would be utterly naive to pretend there are not some complete lunatics who "support" Rangers and have narrow-minded (to put it politely) views.

Yes, there will be those outside of Rangers fanbase who will pretend to be us to cause havoc, but we can't blame everything on everyone else.

I definitely think it was stupid for a RST board member to call for an e-mail bombardment. As an outsider who does not know anything or have anything against MD or the RST I would say they(RST board members) should be thinking if the person mentioned should still remain a Board member. If a MP had done something like that his position would probably be untenable by now.

My Question has to be did he do this on his own or was he doing it in the name of the RST. If he did it alone then the RST really has to look seriously who is doing What. If he did it in the name of the RST and with other board members consent then they really need to explain to their members the stance they are taking and pulse if it is a stance the members are comfortable with. People normally join such an organisation because they agree with the goals and policies of the organisation but I question if many RST members are comfortable with the e-mail bombardment of a potential buyer.

Where did this bit happen?

On Facebook mainly. When Miller withdrew his bid, one of the organisers of next year's NARSA got in touch on FB to ask, "Tell me these banners didn't happen."

He then came on the next day to say that several work colleagues had asked him "what was wrong with Rangers fans".

This whole episode has been massively damaging for us. However much people may not want to personalise it, the fact is people who should know far better have made us look like fools.

Don't usually post on RST threads for the reason that I've never been a member, but I'd like to know one or two things.

On RM, Manticore used to post some manifesto type drivel written by MD all about how Rangers was a British, right wing, Protestant etc club and that lefty types who disagreed could jog on. Being a lefty type who disagreed I was therefore not very keen on his Mb or his RST, which is very definitely what it looks like from the outside. Seeing as the club is in crisis (crises?) and seeing as Frankie says above, that FF and the RST are (unbelievably to me) likely to be influential with new owners, whoever they may be, I feel a bit torn between getting involved with people I fundamentally disagree with and doing nothing while Rome, if you'll pardon the expression, burns. So can I ask:

does the RST have a 'baggage' agenda? to give an eg, I'd sack the lad who was lifted for sectarian BoP last week if found guilty, since in the wake of the Lennon bombs we just can't have that sort o'thing around us. What would their stance be on that type of affair? Was it they, eg, who stuck the pointless 'to hell with the SNP' rhyme on the march banner? Being a card carrying member I could hardly walk behind that, it would be like going to an SNP meeting and marching behind a 'to a hell with The Rangers' banner! Are they overtly nationalistic, like the VBs? Is it really a bunch of puppets, all guided by the unseen hand of one individual?

Hope no-one is offended by these questions but it's pretty hard to see through the fog.

I can throw no light on the beliefs or baggage of the RST as I've never been a member and rarely visit FF. However for a while now I've wondered if perhaps change could be affected better from the inside than the outside of the RST. I also don't know if I've the energy or the time to find out. I suppose what I'm saying is I'd be more open to them if I thought they were a broader church.

As an aside I've never understood the 'right wing' accusation, not judging by the voting patterns in pretty much every constituency in Scotland we're not, but that's probably for another thread.