Utterly divided support

I agree that the RST has always been clear on what it's agenda is.

Please, can you tell me why exactly the RST supported a bid from square one that had insufficient financial backing along with a declared intention to reinstate the old board?

I think there is sufficient financial backing and where is the intention to reinstate the old board? It's the first I've heard of it.

Please show me one statement where the RST has claimed to speak for all Rangers fans. That would be impossible and nobody could ever claim that. We, as with all other supporters trusts, have always been clear on what our aims are and why shouldn't we support a bid if we feel it's in the best interests of the club? I don't believe that we have tried to discredit any other bidder although we did ask questions of the Bill Miller bid. To suggest our actions have in any way hindered our club's chances of survival is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

Rubbish. Your media spokesman and most prominent member has done nothing but discredit other bids since the outset of this process. "Now they want a Hibby running the club. You couldn't make it up" being one of his most memorable outbursts.

You obviously won't publicly admit MD has seriously embarrassed the club and the RST throughout the bid process, which is your choice. I'm just wondering, though, how do other RST board members and fans' group chiefs view MD's appalling conduct in recent weeks? How long can they and the rest of the support allow this increasingly out-of-control maverick to charge around unchallenged, splitting the support and harming the club's reputation?

I'm not aware of the RST sending out an e-mail.

Do you not think then as a board member that MD should be questioned on what his motives were and whether they ran in line with RST polices?

Do you not think then as a board member that MD should be questioned on what his motives were and whether they ran in line with RST polices?

In all seriousness, who on the RST board would question MD on any issue?

In all seriousness, who on the RST board would question MD on any issue?

I have no idea but I find it hard to believe that 14(I believe I read 15 Board members) other board members just sit and twiddle their thumbs while MD makes all the decisions.

I could be wrong though.

I have no idea but I find it hard to believe that 14(I believe I read 15 Board members) other board members just sit and twiddle their thumbs while MD makes all the decisions.

I could be wrong though.

Maybe PLG could confirm?

We may have to wait, though; MD hasn't told her what to say yet!!

I'll get my coat.

It's a depressing circle of empty vessels feeding off unhappiness, it really is, this media need for voices. SSN, for all that it is an outstanding channel with some well choice eye candy (I especially like the Irish lass in the mornings) needs a constant stream of fresh input, at least for 12-15 hours a day, so they resort to people like Mr Dingwall, or DCV/Badger from RM. Nothing wrong with that, except their exposure on national media gives them a profile they probably didn't want or expect.

Last night, before I switched off, the BBC resorted to asking a celtc blogger about the Rangers affair. The only previous contact I'd had with his site was when I found an ancient old article I'd written on it, about Walter Smith and Alan McGregor. Alas, my polite enquiry as to how a story on a Rangers website (think it was RM) by a Rangers fan about the Rangers manager and the Rangers goalie could qualify as celtc news, quick or otherwise, went unanswered. But the point is they need these people to fill their time.

So these people get inflated egos, it's hardly surprising. I would dread to think what I would be like if I was the go to guy for the media on all things Rangers, I'm arrogant enough as is it to give Souness a run for his money. Long story short, if certain people have got a bit up themselves, it's both unsurprising and I think forgiveable. The question has to be, is there a body which can withstand having dominant individuals within it, as all bodies will have, and remain representative of the fanbase as a whole?

Only if there's a far wider engagement with individual supporters, leading to a far deeper pool of people resources. And there's been no sign of that.