Green - Are You Convinced?

Wouldn't investors be much more likely to come on board if they saw Green himself being an investor? Surely they'd be thinking along the lines of "If RFC is such a great investment then why aren't you putting up some of your own hard earned Mr Green?"

The consortium asked him to head the take over as far as I am aware,so I don't think that will be the case tbh.

Green's explanation was that he didn't want to get our hopes up - he used a metaphor regarding a big teddy in Harrods IIRR.

Well, at least it wasn't one about prostitutes.

Wouldn't investors be much more likely to come on board if they saw Green himself being an investor? Surely they'd be thinking along the lines of "If RFC is such a great investment then why aren't you putting up some of your own hard earned Mr Green?"

No, because he said they came to him. That they had interest in investing in the club, and would he be able to spearhead the entire consortium. No one asked him for any money - just his knowledge and experience.

All these business strategies and moves leave me feeling very low. I've very little confidence left in investors and the market after the last four years.

I never thought I'd find myself pining for the days of Lawrence Malborough.

I have been dismayed at the lack of leadership from Rangers , Sandy Jardine and Andrew Smiley apart, where have all the high profile bears gone? We need a strong leader and he's filling the part just now. Guys like Struth will be turning in their graves.

I have been dismayed at the lack of leadership from Rangers , Sandy Jardine and Andrew Smiley apart, where have all the high profile bears gone? We need a strong leader and he's filling the part just now. Guys like Struth will be turning in their graves.

Agree, not just the leadership but money too mate.

Where are these so called Rangers men, ex managers, ex players and so on.

I have said for years Rangers have alot of Fans that are only fans when the free stuff is getting handed out.

I have been a supporter now for the best part of 60 years and I remain to be impressed by any of them. I had sort of hoped that TBK would be successful because they at least knew what the club meant to the support. I say this too, despite my reservations about them. Remember folks, neither Green or his consortium are the owners of Rangers - yet. God forbid, but there may yet be more twists and turns to come.