Uncertainity prevails over position of Ally McCoist

There's better managers out there. Yes, he's a Rangers fan through ad through but I'd rather have a better manager in charge.

Who would come to us in the current climate?

I can't believe the stuff on here.

So Eck had his hands tied and deserved more time despite finishing third?

PLG had off-field problems and so deserved more time despite being 17pts behind and out of two cups at the halfway stage?

McCoist did better than both despite going through the most horrendous season in Rangers history and if you take away the 10 point deduction and the three post administration defeats which were out of kilter from the rest of the season, his points total would have been a very good challenge for the title in most seasons. That's despite his hands were tied and having the biggest off-field problems ever.

Does he deserve more time? Nah, he's shite and deserves to be sacked.

That's not even taking into account the fact that he was the one pillar of strength that Rangers fans could rely on thoughout the slow death of the company that ran our club.

It's really hard to respect people with that kind of logic. I've argued many times about McCoists results relative to the circumstances and not one person on here has given a decent rebuttal of that - and yet now it seems to be just taken as fact that McCoist was shite.

Who would come to us in the current climate?

That all depends on what is on the horizon....

Hopefully, after the meetings etc today, further details/roadmaps whatever you want to call it will be laid out.

The other bidders have two options.

1. Create a firestorm for Green to try and stop his completing the sale of the assets. Arguably we're seeing that this morning via a co-ordinated approach (Walter and Ally).

2. Buy the club after the fact from Green if he does complete.

I suspect '2' is more likely (if Green can raise the funds) and I expect the club to be for sale again possibly as soon as next week. An auction will suit Green and his investors.

I posted on this forum about TBK's being history, I'm now holding my hands up and saying I could be, and most likely are wrong about that, and admittedly jumped the gun, if Green can survive today's bombshell news (if fact) then that'll surprise me.

Then again nothing should surprise me.