Idiots hacking Zeus website

Got you mate, big difference still think they would struggle even with a firesale.

I think they could achieve a very decent annualised rate of return on their investment if they want to achieve that, it's cold harsh cash that will decide rather than a romantic attachment to a football club, business is business.

Guest Appalachia
It's not blind faith Appa, in fact it's exactly the opposite no man in charge of Rangers has had to come under this much scrutiny. The fact nothing except him putting his foot in his mouth when he talks to the press is coming to light, so we should get on with getting the club back on track.

I have a 2-3 email limit in being disagreeable with fellow Bears, and I think I've reached that, so I'll drop out of this temporarily after this post. But I think telling anyone to lighten up about some tool hacking Zeus' website is a bit nuts. We have to be extremely careful here and count the few blessings we've got.

On the other hand, if for whatever reason CG decides to sell early, we could then hope Walter follows through on his withdrawn offer.

Let's just keep in mind, for better or worse, that owners are like this these days. They're shady. They don't blog daily about how they managed their affairs. The best of them say or do nothing that gets reported, bar a couple stupid fallouts with their most loyal staff. They also tend not to kill the clubs they own on purpose (granted, Hicks/Gillette and the Glazers are a very disturbing, very small minority).

So it still doesn't make sense to me to treat CG like he might be another CW, because unless the new holding company has somehow accumulated tens of millions of dollars in debt and unpaid taxes, that would be impossible. Nonetheless I'm going to shut up for a bit and at least agree that Walter (though I doubt the other 'challenger' consortiums) would be doing a far better job at this than Green.

land at Murray park is valuable and the return on the sale and lease back of the stadium would be excellent.

Sell the stadium to us.

Land at Auchenhowie isn't zoned for housing and last I heard isn't really suitable without major groundworks, but of course these can be gotten around.

Edited by GovanAllan

land at Murray park is valuable and the return on the sale and lease back of the stadium would be excellent.

Dare I ask, what exactly would be the problem with a lease back?

Of course we'd rather the club owned the stadium but it's been mentioned to me by several people as a move that could make financial sense ever since we started having problems.

Having to rent back the stadium certainly is not killing the club, which seems to be the accusation Green and co keep getting.

I think they could achieve a very decent annualised rate of return on their investment if they want to achieve that, it's cold harsh cash that will decide rather than a romantic attachment to a football club, business is business.

But all the cash is in us being a healthy football club.

But all the cash is in us being a healthy football club.

It's not per se, a sale and leaseback could provide a very,very healthy rate of return over quite a long term a securitisation of that income could provide a very,very healthy instant return.

It's the new order. We can like it or lump it.

You don't need to be a fan to make the Earth move.

All you need is your Mum's computer.

Not a season ticket.

Or even any integrity or brain power.

Just an ISP.

Wonder how many Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Hearts/Hibs/Caley/Killie/Motherwell/Ross County/St Johnstone/St Mirren fans actually emailed their respective clubs.

I also wonder how many "fans" with "sporting integrity" at heart emailed those same clubs from their Mum's computer.

The game's a bogey. Most people don't deserve a license to even be on the internet.

But they have power.

Collectively, they can change opinion. They can also change the opinion of the popular press, who have spunked over this. Sales through the roof. Whoopdy-doopdy- doo . Short term gain for long term loss.

Fine!

BTW. I've advocated a catch-all "let's do Div 3" but I've now changed my opinion. I think the Club should take a year out, and let the buggers sort themselves out.

Quite happy to throw a grand into the Club meanwhile, see us survive, and see us play some international games, do some international bonding at Auchenhowie etc.

But go along with this farce?

No thanks.

Don't care if it takes 4, 5, 6 or 7 years.

We'll still be the the Rangers.

Until I see some semblance of reality from the powers that be, that's my mission.