The rat speaks again with more excuses

Ok,, Good point. I probably hadnt thought like thatm however it still doesnt begger belief if they loved rangers as much as they say they do, why would there egos prevent them pumping in the money?,, sorry, dont buy that. there numbers must'nt add up somewhere, surly not ALL there egos' have got the better of them?

They want to own Rangers. That's what's worth the money to them. They can buy anything they want but nothing would give them the boost that they get from owniung the cub. They wouldn't get that with a 20% holding. The numbers probably do stack up as tyheydo with the model that Walter outlined today. Stick no money in, suffer for a few years but get back into the SPL with minimal debt and sell the club for 50%-100% profit.

Hell no.. I may be a new member, but you should'nt be so pesimistic.

Why would i take pleasure in seeing this go tits up again?

strange comment to make actually. I was just trying to be realistic.

Perhaps I misunderstoood what you were meaning or you misunderstood what I was meaning. Anyway let's move on.

It would be proven if he sells some of the assets, but I can only agree there comes a time when unity should prevail, and we should all stick together, but I just cant bring myself to think like some of the other rangers fans views I read on here already in such a short space of time.

It certainly would be proven if he starts selling some of the assets. However I doubt that he's going to do that. We don't need to think like each other. We all want the best for the club but just have different views as to what has or has not been proven about Green and whether anyone else offers a better alernative.

One of things that people have forgotten, and this applies to both sides, is that we all want the best for the club and neither side can offer a definitive viewpoint and it's arrogant to think otherwise or to define what makes a good Rangers fan as I've seen some trying to do.

If Green wasn't aware the players could and would walk away then it was a major f*&k up by him, let's face it he's criticising the players for doing exactly the same as he's doing trying to make filthy lucre out of the situation no more no less.

Unless someone is a big fan of the club (and those bidders that apparently are haven't been willing to put up much cash anyway) then anyone is going to be buying a football club to make money, unless it's like the Man City owners that fancy a play thing. I don't see how that compares to the players situation at all.

They would have still got their moves and still got a huge pay packet by tranferring over and letting us get a small fee, greed and self interest took over.

Frankly they don't deserve your defence.

IMHO,, he should never have came out and TOLD them he was just transfering them over to the newco. he said pubilcally they would all be breaching contract if they did this. that was undermining them from the outset.

I dont think green deserves the loyality some of you are quite keen to throw at him so early when he has been very very sketchy so far.. why has none of the scottish millionares who wanted to pump money in done what green suggested and joined his team?,, theres something fishy somewhere, and i suspect some of you will have egg on your faces soon.

I'm sorry but why should the players have been treated like sensitive little souls? They've earned plenty from Rangers over the years and most of them have had long injuries during that.

I'd have done things no differently to Green TBH, either you want to help the club out or you don't, Wallace and McCulloch clearly do. Naismith and the like will probably claim differently to try and save face but they'd have run a mile from the lower divisions and in the direction of a massive signing on fee even if someone like Walter did take over.

I show him loyalty because frankly his treatment is abysmal and undeserved, he's the only one to have put cash up and followed through with any plans, these scottish millionares you mention have fannied about with the idea of buying Rangers only to walk away when they couldn't do it on the cheap.

If Green really does turn out to be the evil boogeyman that some predict then fine, i'll have to admit I was wrong again. But there is no hard evidence and no proper alternative, so right now I stand by him.

I'm sorry but why should the players have been treated like sensitive little souls? They've earned plenty from Rangers over the years and most of them have had long injuries during that.

Because they stuck by Rangers and took 75% paycuts already to help.?, and thats a terrable argument, they would be earning the same if not more somewhere else.. there pro footballers, thats what they do to earn money, why critisice them for doing there jobs?,

I'd have done things no differently to Green TBH, either you want to help the club out or you don't, Wallace and McCulloch clearly do. Naismith and the like will probably claim differently to try and save face but they'd have run a mile from the lower divisions and in the direction of a massive signing on fee even if someone like Walter did take over.

and you are some city slick whom we all care like you would have done anything different to Green.? lol, yehhh ok guess we can just disagree, it happens in life

I show him loyalty because frankly his treatment is abysmal and undeserved, he's the only one to have put cash up and followed through with any plans, these scottish millionares you mention have fannied about with the idea of buying Rangers only to walk away when they couldn't do it on the cheap.

If Green really does turn out to be the evil boogeyman that some predict then fine, i'll have to admit I was wrong again. But there is no hard evidence and no proper alternative, so right now I stand by him.

what treatment exactly? he's been asked to provide some answers,, show title deeds etc,,, he hasnt exactly answered them has he..

he never wanted the CVA agreement in the first place, he wanted this scenerio so he can laugh all the way to the bank,, take off the tinted glasses or stop being hypnotiesed by Green's bs

Because they stuck by Rangers and took 75% paycuts already to help.?,

Exactly.....they players too massive paycuts on a temp basis in order HELP the club. The players 1st & preferred choice was for deferred payments - which they didn't get. However they still went without several thousand pounds per week to help the club.

Then 1st opportunity they get, they're offski - how are they helping the club now??? I'm just waiting on one of them coming out and saying they left to help reduce the payroll!!!

Because they stuck by Rangers and took 75% paycuts already to help.?, and thats a terrable argument, they would be earning the same if not more somewhere else.. there pro footballers, thats what they do to earn money, why critisice them for doing there jobs?,

and you are some city slick whom we all care like you would have done anything different to Green.? lol, yehhh ok guess we can just disagree, it happens in life

what treatment exactly? he's been asked to provide some answers,, show title deeds etc,,, he hasnt exactly answered them has he..

he never wanted the CVA agreement in the first place, he wanted this scenerio so he can laugh all the way to the bank,, take off the tinted glasses or stop being hypnotiesed by Green's bs

I'm sure the cuts didn't leave them struggling to live their lives, as good a gesture as it was. I'll criticise because being a footballer isn't like any other job, it pays an obscene amount of money, loyalty isn't a huge thing to hope for, if they can't show it then fine but don't expect to get anything other than stick.

That's a hypothetical type phrase that people use in conversation, you're making something out of nothing there.

I dread to think what has been to him by email, along with people that have their minds made up, insist they will not be back with Green in charge and throwing their backing behind John Brown because of a drunken rant on the Ibrox doorstep, it's a joke. I personally am holding fire with the season ticket renewal but that's because we don't have a league to play in yet which isn't Green's fault, as soon as our fixtures in whatever division are confirmed i'll be getting it sent.

You're not doing your argument favours by coming out with totally wild and unproven conspiracies, that's the kind of treatment I mean, talking like he's some cartoon villain that will throw a sack of our money over his shoulder and head for the hills at midnight.

I just want to support my club, Rangers are Rangers whether Green or whoever owns them. The constant bids to derail our recovery because there's not a 'Rangers man' in charge is doing more harm than good.

Edited by simplythebest

Exactly.....they players too massive paycuts on a temp basis in order HELP the club. The players 1st & preferred choice was for deferred payments - which they didn't get. However they still went without several thousand pounds per week to help the club.

Then 1st opportunity they get, they're offski - how are they helping the club now??? I'm just waiting on one of them coming out and saying they left to help reduce the payroll!!!

Their alternative was to be made redundant and not be able to play football for the rest of the season whether they got a new club or not, after all Wylde never got clearance for Bolton.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve a thank you for that but I can't go along with getting teary eyed over it and feeling they made such a huge sacrifice.

The bit that kinda annoys me is the constant mentioning of the 75% cut and how noble a gesture it was - which it was at the time. however, there wages have now returned to normal levels regardless of which company was paying them.

In my view they simply saw an opportunity to leave & took it without a 2nd thought for the good of the club.

The bit that kinda annoys me is the constant mentioning of the 75% cut and how noble a gesture it was - which it was at the time. however, there wages have now returned to normal levels regardless of which company was paying them.

In my view they simply saw an opportunity to leave & took it without a 2nd thought for the good of the club.

If they really struggled to get by with the money they've already earned and were still earning with the reduced wages then i'd gladly apologise, but I so highly doubt it.