John Brown's Bid for Rangers

there`s not a chance I will buy shares if they are listing the newco on the AIM market and I hope any Bear considering it looks into it very thoroughly before committing any funds . You will not be helping our club , far from it .

Guest Corkie

All depressing. Clock still ticking. It's a few short weeks before the start of the season and the last thing we need is a stuttering start. The longer it goes on the longer it seems that Brown and co are no different from the other consortiums - long on Media coverage, short on ready funds. Charles Green is not a Rangers fan, he is in this for the money! Either Rangers FC makes him money when he eventually sells to the fans, or Brown + will buy him out. Either way Charles Green will make a huge profit for his investment. Brown+co should pay over the money now or give over with their grand-standing and let RFC under Green get on with it.

there`s not a chance I will buy shares if they are listing the newco on the AIM market and I hope any Bear considering it looks into it very thoroughly before committing any funds . You will not be helping our club , far from it .

Yeah it would be much better not to supply the club with any money at all?

Far better that the club folds just so we can say Green has gone?

Unfortunately, Bomber fails to convince - undermining his own argument via a poorly thought out strategy of misinformation and confusion.

I've no idea who is backing him but if their claims are true then they're doing more harm than good in trying to address the issues concerned.

What I find most baffling is why any consortium would choose Bomber as their main figure head!!

As someone in the background to shake things up, maybe, but as a figurehead I'd want someone more eloquent and persuasive. Walter Smith, Gordon Smith, Laudrup, Gough, etc. People like that would come across well in the media and with the support. Without meaning to be disrespectful to Bomber, he's not cut out as a figurehead and has been hung out there by whoever's behind the consortium. I think that raises as many questions about the people behind the bid and their decision making as anything else.

Guest Corkie

And if he goes what would his exit strategy be? He'll make money on his investment by hook or by crook. If he can't sell for big profit to another consortium, or to the fans in a share issue, then he could possibly try sell off assets - and we DON'T want to go there.

Everyone can make up their own minds and that`s how it should be , but I can assure you they are not planning this for the benefit of the club . I`ve seen it too many times on the AIM market and have a fair idea how it will pan-out . There will be other ways to supply the club with money and I don`t want a lot of well-intentioned bears getting caught out by this mob .

This bid would hold a lot more credibility if the main backer came out, with Bomber at his side asking us to support as he believes in Mister X and his consortium rather than Bomber banging his fists with no substance

Everyone can make up their own minds and that`s how it should be , but I can assure you they are not planning this for the benefit of the club . I`ve seen it too many times on the AIM market and have a fair idea how it will pan-out . There will be other ways to supply the club with money and I don`t want a lot of well-intentioned bears getting caught out by this mob .

So what do you see happening?

What exactly will pan out then? Is Green going to throw all the money in a sack, put it over his shoulder and head for the hills in the middle of the night?

I want to provide my club with money and I won't be told i'm hurting anyone by doing it unless they actually have a smoking gun, the season ticket is getting renewed as soon as a league is confirmed.

So there's no need for fans' groups like the RST to tell its members not to renew as they're all capable of making up their own minds?