Season Ticket Renewal - Prices confirmed

I am going to purchase a season ticket this season and I may not attend a single game. I have been absolutely disgusted by the standard and mentality of our approach to football in recent seasons. Before you hound me, I will happily give up my seat to to someone on here wanting to attend. Call me a cunt all you will, but I'm a football purist and want to see the game played in a manner I can't see us playing under McCoist. I will contribute financially for the survival of our club but I will not devote my entire weekend to watching something I don't agree with.

Feel free to pm me if you are interested.

PS- you would have to be prepared to me taking up the ticket on certain occasions, obviously I would give sufficient warning.

Seems to me if you want to support a div three team like Berwick Rangers then you probably want to pay div three prices. If you want to support a top Scottish team like Rangers then you'll obviously have to pay more. Rangers are not a div three team; it's a temporary situation and if fans pay for a better product than Berwick Rangers then they will likely get it. If they want to pay Berwick type prices then they must want the Berwick standard of football...

What happened to the "fuck the SFA, I will pay the ST for Div3" mantra ?

Strange how we "wanted" Div 3 but now we have it we want deep discounts.

We either support Rangers or not. If you want the discount then, IMO, you accept being no more than a customer and shouldnt complain when considered as such.

What happened to the "fuck the SFA, I will pay the ST for Div3" mantra ?

Strange how we "wanted" Div 3 but now we have it we want deep discounts.

We either support Rangers or not. If you want the discount then, IMO, you accept being no more than a customer and shouldnt complain when considered as such.

Agreed. I never expected to pay standard Div 3 prices. My one slight concern is what happens to any profit, will it be retained to build our cash reserves, or taken by the owners as a dividend. I've no problem with them making some return on their investment, but I'll want to see progress on and off the park at the same time.

If that happens, I'd be quite happy to continue paying SPL prices for 3 years, so that we can invest (prudently!) in players which will allow us to challenge for the title when we get back to the top flight. Hopefully, some of the young lads will have made the grade by that time too, so we won't need wholesale personnel changes.

Agreed. I never expected to pay standard Div 3 prices. My one slight concern is what happens to any profit, will it be retained to build our cash reserves, or taken by the owners as a dividend. I've no problem with them making some return on their investment, but I'll want to see progress on and off the park at the same time.

If that happens, I'd be quite happy to continue paying SPL prices for 3 years, so that we can invest (prudently!) in players which will allow us to challenge for the title when we get back to the top flight. Hopefully, some of the young lads will have made the grade by that time too, so we won't need wholesale personnel changes.

I think Green has said a few times that all season ticket funds will be ring-fenced for the club\team. Whether he is as good as his word is for another thread.:)

So it seems that people were quite willing to pay high ST prices for the SPL games last season, the SPL that was so dire. I would assume that the upkeep of Berwick' ground, policing et al is not as costly as it is at Ibrox?

Now though, in times where the club needs your money to pay players, staff, Ibrox maintenance et al, even sign a few players, you start talking about this as being too steep? Coming up with conspiracy theories that Green may take it and walk away?

Starving the club of saeason ticket now is essentially a much quicker route to our demise than anything else. For how should Green run the club with no money, except selling its assets?

Reply: "Oh, but he said he'd have 30m by the end of July!"

Answer: "Aye, that was while we were still hoping for a SPL or Division One licenses. Now we stare at Division 3 and far less investors than before. Sitting back and look on now to see how Green is doing is essentially the same as waiting till a White Knight arrives ... till it is too late."

You just hope that common sense prevails.