At last a decent statement from Green.

You seriously saw a situation where we could get the membership without agreeing to anything?:wtf:

no we always had to at least go back to the appellate tribunal. I've said that often before.

I didn't envisage the sfa getting everything though.

yeah we've caved. time will tell the full effect of doing so.

The effect will be a financial hit incurred this year in clearing old debts and an inability to buy new players until Sep 2013.

I hardly think these sanctions will be held to have crippled Rangers in years to come.

My question is what we have signed up to in terms of the media rights and whether we are left in the situation where we are effectively propping up the SPL by default.

Obviously if the SFL had been able to do a deal for their own rights with us as the main attraction without the SPL any money for those rights comes to us and the other SFL clubs and the SPL get ziltch from us after kicking us out (fairs fair, sporting integrity and all that).

With the SPL buying the rights, are we getting peanuts while indirectly supporting the SPL's "product" and keeping all those clubs who couldn't wait to kick us down from adminstration/liquidation themselves? We might want some justie or revenge on them for their actions but have we just saved them instead?

Any thoughts chaps?

Whether you like Green or not he is here for now.

The way I see it,on face value,is he has secured a license for Rangers to play football,he had to make a decision for Rangers and Rangers staff by keeping us in Scottish football and accepting the transfer ban is a compromise to that effect. If Green had not compromised we may not have been in a position to fight the stripping of titles,which he & Ally have said they will fight. As for the TV rights I'm not sure he could have done anything about that.

I'm still very wary of the CG consortium,I'll remain wary of any new owners for the rest of my life after all this!,but I for one believe we Rangers fans should get behind CG & Ally and start our rebuilding. CG & his consortium will sell when they think it's the right time and have made their money,now if they leave the club on a sound footing and make a profit then that is fair enough.

Tin hat on but it's only my opinion.

Doc, 31% of Motherwell's gate receipts came from Rangers fans. I think we are forgetting what other clubs got from our fans and how much they depended on that. The TV deal won't make up for that. It is likely to be down on what they received last year and add the losses from our fans and reduced season ticket sales and things are not looking too healthy for the SPL.

winners and losers in every war right now it looks like we are the side losing its time to take legal advice and acton if needed remember this licence is a tempoary one which looks like it will be rubber stamped every week there will be more sanctions when we return to the premier mark my words .