Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

Seems that Beattie is now settling for St Johnstone, hard to believe that this was his first choice and looks like Rangers said no to his asking terms.

The fact he has signed for St Johnstone would indicate it wasn't all about money imo

he could have went down south for a lot more than what he will be getting at St johnstone

Judging by the comments from both sides and the fact he went to St Johnstone, I would say it wasn't about money. It sounds to me like Green pulled the plug due to signing two other strikers. I would presume this was for definitive reasons eg better value or fit better in the team.

Dorin Goian last night confirmed he plans to see out his contract at Ibrox.

The Romanian defender has two years left on his current deal but was expected to leave following Gers’ demotion to the Third Division.

But Goian, 31, said: “Rangers is more than a football club.

“I just feel good here and so do my family. Things are working out well here. I have two years of my contract left. If things go well, I will stay here.”

from the sun

BTW, that Tuesday night game may actually swing not only Goian's, but also Bocanegra's mind towards staying. Carlos has seen it all, nearly won it all and whether any club he goes to will immortalize him in these next two or three years like we will do is very much up for debate? He already is a firm favourite amongst the Bears, maybe he becomes a true legend soon enough. Klinsmann can come over and watch a game at Ibrox and see whether Boca is still up for it, if need be.

Would we really want 2 injury prone strikers at the club?

McCulloch, Little, Sandaza, Kyle, McKay, Kal Naismith, Shiels can virtually play up front as well, so it really seems like enough strikers for me.

I realise injuries are possible but we need to trust the young players at this level or we never will.

BTW, that Tuesday night game may actually swing not only Goian's, but also Bocanegra's mind towards staying. Carlos has seen it all, nearly won it all and whether any club he goes to will immortalize him in these next two or three years like we will do is very much up for debate? He already is a firm favourite amongst the Bears, maybe he becomes a true legend soon enough. Klinsmann can come over and watch a game at Ibrox and see whether Boca is still up for it, if need be.

He'll be joining up with the US for international duty next week, so what Klinsmann tells him may swing it either way.