Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

Francisco Sandaza could seal a contract with Rangers after being offered a deal worth £1m.

Rangers have tabled a four year deal for the ex-St Johnstone forward worth £250,000 a year, after tax.

Sandaza has been a free agent since leaving Perth in the summer and has had a number of offers across the continent, including a contract with a Belgian club which he turned down last week.

The Spanish striker is now bound for Glasgow to finalise the £5000-a-week contract with Rangers.

Rangers first expressed interest in 27-year-old Sandaza in January, when he eventually turned down a pre-contract deal to move to the Gers.

Edinburgh rivals Hearts and Hibernian had been rumoured to be chasing his signature but Sandaza now looks likely to go to Ibrox.

With Rangers facing a transfer embargo for 12 months starting on September 1, the club is building a squad to cope with campaigns in the Second and Third Divisions

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/114042-rangers-offer-francisco-sandaza-1m-to-sign-up-for-division-three/

Rangers FC Official‏@RFC_Official

AMcC on Brazilian trialist Emílson Cribari - He's been here for a couple of days and both parties are keen to do something.

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

2m Rangers FC Official‏@RFC_Official

AMcC on Sandaza - I'm hopeful that we can get him. We haven't signed him yet, but we're hopeful that it's close.

Whether the deal on the table for Sandaza is any different to what was originally offered, and deemed "an insult", is most likely going to be down to whether he was able to get more money from another club. Considering he's now going to drop down the divisions, methinks its no longer quite so insulting.

But if he signs, I'll back him like any other player who pulls on the shirt.

Why exactly was his contract at European dream-chasers Saints not extended?

Probably because the offer on the table was a good bit less than the 'insulting' one he turned down from us in January.

Why exactly was his contract at European dream-chasers Saints not extended?

Was it not because his head/Ego was bigger than his ability and he thought he could secure a much better/bigger deal elsewhere (premiership???). From what I recall, he was expecting to be receiving offers left, right & centre from a host of top clubs......obviously worked out well for him...;)

I know for a fact that our signings are being greeted with great displeasure by the Tims (we're allowed to say that now aren't we?). They still think we should be barred from signing anybody at all.

Some 'tims' I know really think we are going to go bust by xmas and they will win the SPL for the next 10-20 years. This is the shite they reply with when you ask them about the crowd size for their first home game of the season, they also don't reply when I mention that we might get a bigger crowd for our first home league game of the season :)