Gers in for Brown and Thomson?

A couple of papers are today saying that we're going to get in early with a bid for the pair of young Hibs players. PLG is keen on landing them both, but as are a fair few of other clubs including Celtic.

Whilst I'd love this story to be true and I don't actually doubt it for a second, how the hell are we going to be able to afford them????

We can't afford either of those 2 players.

Firstly we need a quality centre-half. That will take up most - if not all - of any monies made available.

Of course if we can move on the likes of Buffel then that may free up some more money but again I doubt we can afford Brown especially (who I'm led to believe has a £2-2.5million minimum fee release clause).

Hibs don't need to sell at the moment either.

we have to spend the money frankie, wether we can afford it or not. These two would be a major step in the right direction for leguen. We also could do with a decent striker and a couple of centre halves. I would also show buffel, Prsu, Rodreigez, G Rae and sebo the door ( to name a few!)

To be honest, much as I like those players, the last thing we need is more players in their early twenties.

I may be breaking the new ageism law here, but I really would like us to bring in a couple of seasoned campaigners. The priority for me is a big dominant centre half and big target man centre forward, both with a never say die attitude.

I want us to compete for the ball in both boxes.

They certainly would add a bit of bite to the midfield. Brown has already stated his first choice would be Rangers. I don't know what Thomson's preferances are.

Somtimes you have to give out to get back. these are players i would expect to increase in price. Paying 1mill for an under rate player plus a payoff is costing us more money.

To be honest, much as I like those players, the last thing we need is more players in their early twenties.

I may be breaking the new ageism law here, but I really would like us to bring in a couple of seasoned campaigners. The priority for me is a big dominant centre half and big target man centre forward, both with a never say die attitude.

I want us to compete for the ball in both boxes.

Tend to agree with this and ok I havent really seem much of either of those players, Id be skeptical incase they follow the lines of Riordan and Rae who rarely play when they move to the old firm. Moving to Rangers for them would need to see them step up another 2 levels if we are to match ambitions long term.

You've also got to wonder who would be choosing those players. Le Guen could have bought them in the summer instead of Sebo, and one from Sionko, Svensson and Papac. Obviously he didn't rate them but after our gubbing by Hibs and our present crisis, he's maybe being forced into a rethink with a bit of leaning from above.