Sports tycoon Mike Ashley to buy stake in Rangers

Do Ceptic have a similar deal with JJB that we have???

At the new JJB store in EK.......Septic were considerably more prominent with the mannequin display and there wasn't a single RFC shirt displayed.

Knowing EK that's probably not the best sales technique to get people into your store. No wonder their sales are plummeting!

That only works if the shops are profitable....otherwise they drain valuable cash from the coffers....

It's a good point mate but surely the in-house shops would have been making more money than we have been getting through the JJB deal? Also our overseas sales must be absolute minimum. Lost count of the amount of times I've been abroad and seen the Bheasts tops in sports shops and not a hint of one of ours. Granted it might be to do with their Nike deal but even still we are a bigger club than they will ever be.

Seems good to me, more investors, more money for the club. And lets face it the JJB deal has been good for us in money terms, but it has been a total disaster in terms of promoting the club.

Exactly mate, I live in Australia and i'd have to order from the UK to get a Rangers Jersey. That annoys me very much.

people slaughtered sdm for hiving of contracts to his businesses. not always correctly in fairness.

This isnt hiving off contracts to a Green business though.

It is selling a stake in the club and ALSO possibly selling off the merchandising contract to what seems a better outfit than we currently use.

Unless you want us to go back to having our own shops again which, given the current climate would likely be loss-making and also would require a sizeable capital outlay.

The JJB deal is one which I think SDM got right - looking at the high street in the West Coast town (Ayr & Killie) they certainly got it right as they are like ghost towns these days. No reason to chastise Green for effectively doing the same thing.