Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I've seen super play midfield many times he was a good passer good on the ball with a good touch. good pace as well.

the notion he couldn't play was a tarrier myth.

I always thought he was a decent footballer also.

i think we need total football revamp, a director of football as you say, a new head of youth development and a few proper first team coaches. also a proper scouting team in place is needed looking for the right type of player.

I see totally no reason to give out millions on a director of football. A good manager will want to do things his way anyway.

the midfield was embarassing yes but the same can be said of the defence who were all over the place and a strike force who didnt look interested which is worrying. there was no plan and no organisation, and if there is no plan a then there is certainly no plan b when things dont go to plan!

agreed defence looked a shambles at times but I honestly never thought we'd see the day in the third division where we'd be worried about our defence. Next week could go a long way to determining how successful Ally will be. He simply has to get quality into the club in particular in the MF & wide areas.

Guest tdotbear

for what its worth mccoist and co have no say in the setup of the youths. legacy of murrays preference of the setup. he is rebuilding a decimated squad and can't rely on much from the lifeblood of the club, its youth academy.

he was a great and underappreciated skill wise player. time will tell on his contribution as manager. he was doing fantastic under the impossible circumstances last season after what had happened in the day, weeks, months and years prior.

has my support. the end season will be time to make changes if need be. after everything that's happened and what he has done for us it would be a disgrace not too. all imho

for what its worth mccoist and co have no say in the setup of the youths. legacy of murrays preference of the setup. he is rebuilding a decimated squad and can't rely on much from the lifeblood of the club, its youth academy.

he was a great and underappreciated skill wise player. time will tell on his contribution as manager. he was doing fantastic under the impossible circumstances last season after what had happened in the day, weeks, months and years prior.

has my support. the end season will be time to make changes if need be. after everything that's happened and what he has done for us it would be a disgrace not too. all imho

Agree totally. I am not impressed by his management skills but i do believe he should have the full season to sort things out.

Our away days have been shocking, no doubt about it. However, we are in division 3, arguably the worst league in Britain.. we should be THANKFUL that someone with the calibre of McCoist is at our club. Who could we really convince to manage us now?

Are we going to have a thread like this after every game? There was even similar threads after we won 5-1.

All I'm reading is;

Our most successful manager, was rubbish.

Our top scoring striker of all time, was rubbish.

Our current top goalscorer for the season, is rubbish.

Our team has to change, Ally has to change.. but with comments like that our supporters need to change too.

Our away days have been shocking, no doubt about it. However, we are in division 3, arguably the worst league in Britain.. we should be THANKFUL that someone with the calibre of McCoist is at our club. Who could we really convince to manage us now?

Are we going to have a thread like this after every game? There was even similar threads after we won 5-1.

All I'm reading is;

Our most successful manager, was rubbish.

Our top scoring striker of all time, was rubbish.

Our current top goalscorer for the season, is rubbish.

Our team has to change, Ally has to change.. but with comments like that our supporters need to change too.

What calibre has McCoist actually?

He's done nothing in the game as manger he has no calibre and he won't get any if he's doesn't improve and quickly.

What calibre has McCoist actually?

He's done nothing in the game as manger he has no calibre and he won't get any if he's doesn't improve and quickly.

I didn't say anything about him being manager. Maybe stature would have been a better word.

I agree that he needs to improve as manager. I just can't see anyone better who would be willing to take on the task at Ibrox.

I didn't say anything about him being manager. Maybe stature would have been a better word.

I agree that he needs to improve as manager. I just can't see anyone better who would be willing to take on the task at Ibrox.

We will never know until you start asking managers if they fancy the job and I dont think Greens hand will be to far away from the phone.

Ally will get us out of this league just about anybody could with the money he has at his disposal, it's the next 4 years I'm worried about. I don't see any plan for taking the club forward, we all scream we want to see Greens plan for the club well I want to see what Ally has planned and if the standard of football we saw last season and the start of this is his plan then he can go whenever he likes.

I just think it's a bit harsh mate, the players have to take at least 50% blame here. Usually I would never say that, but our team are full-time professionals playing against guys who train once a week & work with the council. We should be able to breeze past these guys without any talk of tactics at all.