Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

i hope i havnt offended you amms? :( i certainly didnt mean to.

Haha! My babysoft teenage skin is thicker than you might imagine, if I've a beef with anyone I take it up with them first. Believe it or not I've had my mind changed on many subjects by Rangers messageboards, well structured, passionate argument is great with me.

What do you suggest we do? Boycott Ibrox after each bad performance? Start a petition? How is screaming for blood and exaggerating our negatives after every game doing us any good?

The thing is, if you were reasonable, you'd have no problem with me as my views are hardly extreme and not even the opposite of yours. I support the team and the management and you seem to have a problem with that...

As for the forum, I think we should at least be realistic and respectful in our criticism. I really don't get the witch hunt attitude. There are some weird ones who still want PLG to given more time. I gave him time and then wanted him to go. The same may happen with Ally. Le Guen didn't have Ally's problems and wasn't top of the league.

Ally needs to turn it around or he has to go. However, that doesn't mean we have to demean him in the mean time.

We should certainly be able to have our whinges on a forum, I don't buy the idea that we're somehow making things worse by expressing ourselves online. Not as if it's a case of sending abuse to the official Rangers twitter accounts either.

You're being a bit ironic about being reasonable considering your moral indignation attitude towards people doubting Ally, you can't even seem to understand why people are frustrated. I support the team as well, I didn't go to Ibrox on a cold night nearly in November just recovering from a stomach bug for the hell of it.

The Le Guen stuff comes from the idea that he was trying to overhaul us but the Scottish mentality lead by Barry Ferguso screwed him over. In fairness you can't be sure how it would have worked out longer term but he did only get 6 months, Ally has had 15 and and counting.

I suppose we just disagree how much people are entitled to their opinions.

Edited by simplythebest

why? because the players are rebelling against their manager implicitly now as opposed to directly under plg? or just because we are in different divisions?

I just don't think the PLG situation and current situation are comparable at all. There's way too many important differences between the two situations.

I don't think it's very fair to single someone out for making a complaint. There's an official complaint mechansim for every single post which comes directly to the mod/admin team and keeps your identity as the one making a complaint known only to us. We get complaints about posts from quite a few different forum members and I can tell you right now that amms is not someone who makes complaints, so it's out of order to label him as some sort of tell tale, grass or anything like that.

We're all pissed off about last night's result folks, but please try to keep it civil here.

Nothing to do with last night.

You don't support others so quick.

Black should be reaching the peak of his career just now, not at the twilight of it .... What age is he 27- 28 ?

You're right, he's only 27, I thought he was older. But either way, he isn't producing and is keeping younger players out the team. If it does take us 3 years to get back Black will be 30 and nearing the end of his career, in that same time we have 3 or 4 players coming through who will still be in their early 20s but will have experience and could do a great job going forward. For me it's a no brainer who should be first choice.

Nothing to do with last night.

You don't support others so quick.

I've hardly been on the forum for the past ten days or something cb, so I've missed a lot of stuff. If you want to bring something specifc to my attention or explain to me what you're talking about with those two comments, feel free to send me a PM. There's not much point in us adding to the confusion here on this thread.

You're right, he's only 27, I thought he was older. But either way, he isn't producing and is keeping younger players out the team. If it does take us 3 years to get back Black will be 30 and nearing the end of his career, in that same time we have 3 or 4 players coming through who will still be in their early 20s but will have experience and could do a great job going forward. For me it's a no brainer who should be first choice.

Black really should have his best years still ahead of him at only 27, why he is not producing, and like so many others in the team, is the question Ally McCoist needs to find the answer too... If he cant do that then as much as it hurts me to say, he needs to step aside and let somebody else try and find the solution . :(

You're being a bit ironic about being reasonable considering your moral indignation attitude towards people doubting Ally,

I've nothing against people doubting Ally - I do so myself. That's a lot different to a lot of the unfair abuse he's getting. Where am I being unreasonable? Or am I just supposed to join in with the mob? I may be acerbic at times but in case you didn't notice I get a lot of abuse aimed at me - for being positive about Rangers.

you can't even seem to understand why people are frustrated. I support the team as well, I didn't go to Ibrox on a cold night nearly in November just recovering from a stomach bug for the hell of it.

I do understand the frustration - I'm frustrated, but don't see the need to throw the toys out of the pram.

The Le Guen stuff comes from the idea that he was trying to overhaul us but the Scottish mentality lead by Barry Ferguso screwed him over.

I don't think we really knew what le Guen was doing - I don't think he had much of a clue. You don't change one thing into another without know how it works in the first place - not when you want it to work during the transition. If he wanted to do the job then he should have committed to Rangers and removed Ferguson. He walked away instead.

In fairness you can't be sure how it would have worked out longer term but he did only get 6 months, Ally has had 15 and and counting.

Maybe this is where I find it unfair criticism - how has Ally had 15 months to develop a side? He lost 30 players in the summer - you don't think that restarts the clock? That's incredibly harsh.

I suppose we just disagree how much people are entitled to their opinions.

Yeah, you don't think I'm allowed to have mine, eh? People are incredibly precious on opinions but most opinions are based on a load of bollocks. If you can't defend your opinion in a debate then how much is your opinion worth? Too many people have a certain opinion formed and when asked why, they basically say, "because I said so".

If you value your opinion then allow it to be questioned and see if you can find the right answer. Sometimes through this we find a better opinion. It's like a free upgrade. Maybe you'll convince me, you never know. But like I said, I've no need for Ally to prove me right as I've made no prediction - if he fails I will not be wrong in any way. I just fight for fairness and you've shown even in your last post, that you're not always what I consider fair.

I just don't think the PLG situation and current situation are comparable at all. There's way too many important differences between the two situations.

like what? both managers lost the dressing, both managers suffered several embarassing defeats, both have admitted they dont know how to fix the problems and both started to split the fans.

Edited by kuznetsov

like what? both managers have lost the dressing, both managers suffered several embarassing defeats, both have admitted they dont know how to fix the problems and both are starting to split the fans.

Has Ally lost the dressing room? I've not heard that, where did you hear it? Serious question, because that would shine a different light on it.