Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Reading on here stops you wondering how myths come into being. As if any on here writing about McCoist "lacking" the respect of the players or don't do what he says have actually been anywhere near a training session, within the changing room or a tactics session. As if McCoist is the only person the players look up to or have to "obey".

We have at best a mediocre team (by Rangers standards) - though we can be glad that we a) have a team and b) that we actually got some SPL quality in there still. We also have a set squad knowing that we cannot add or essentially loose that many people during the embargo. That could give some egos a boost (since they think they are "undropable"), but the players we have don't appear to me to be egomanics like McGregor or Whittaker appeared to be. Any manager can only get so much out of a (limited) team within a new environment and if you look beyond us, you see that no matter what manager or money or squad you actually have, teams will struggle from time to time and you'll e.g. find the Arsenals and Liverpools, AC Milans and Real Madrids well off the pace. I could hazard a guess what sort of excuses their support come up with to explain their league form and it will not be all too dissimilar to what I read on here. Enjoy the Sunday nonetheless.

I do think you're avoiding the elephant in the room, the division we're in.

This squad wouldn't get us near the SPL title or do anything in Europe, but it has more than enough to win this league with ease, no amount of smaller pitches or fighting spirit changes that. Ally could still get it right and he seems to have the board's backing, but the criticism has been and is justified.

Asked my sons this morning what they thought of the game, best they could come up with was a shrug of the shoulders and we won that's the main thing right.

Would drive you to drink that the young cubs are getting used to the crap we play.

my wee boy loves football but he hates going to watch rangers. i had to bribe him to go yesterday. supporting rangers should never be turning kids off.

To be honest mate I don't see what chance we ever have for rebuilding if the thinking keeps on being 'we might have died' or along those lines. Ally should be judged how every Rangers manager has been, results and performances. How much time he gets is up to the board.

... and I still remember how people slammed Smith's and Advocaat's tactics, selections, and managerial abilities galore. No matter whether the title was already in the bag or just after the season started. And these people had far different teams to deal with.

... and I still remember how people slammed Smith's and Advocaat's tactics, selections, and managerial abilities galore. No matter whether the title was already in the bag or just after the season started. And these people had far different teams to deal with.

both poor rangers managers. poor examples.

my wee boy loves football but he hates going to watch rangers. i had to bribe him to go yesterday. supporting rangers should never be turning kids off.

The way you present your love for Rangers on here, there's no wonder your son doesn't want to go watching us. Rest assured, neither of you will see us playing champagne stuff for a few years to come, so simply prepare him for that and either he become a Bluenose or not. BTW, I don't think that the Peterhead or Clyde supporters have to bribe their kids to come watching their dire SFL fare ... but still they find enough kids falling in love with their respective clubs. That ... is football.

both poor rangers managers. poor examples.

Oh yes they are! Surely! Now I seem to understand your logic. Sorry, but read the above and add another 15 years at least. You should really change teams ...

Sure, fans may be demanding but they still got hero worship when they got it right, and both of them decided when to call it a day themselves.

The way you present your love for Rangers on here, there's no wonder your son doesn't want to go watching us. Rest assured, neither of you will see us playing champagne stuff for a few years to come, so simply prepare him for that and either he become a Bluenose or not. BTW, I don't think that the Peterhead or Clyde supporters have to bribe their kids to come watching their dire SFL fare ... but still they find enough kids falling in love with their respective clubs. That ... is football.

comparing us with clyde and peterhead now. hahhaha you stupidity knows no bounds. any pathetic excuse to take the hate off super ally, eh!

Sure, fans may be demanding but they still got hero worship when they got it right, and both of them decided when to call it a day themselves.

speak for yourself, both of their transfer policies took us to the brink.

Edited by kuznetsov

Oh yes they are! Surely! Now I seem to understand your logic. Sorry, but read the above and add another 15 years at least. You should really change teams ...

Thing is though, why not, or something resembling it? Surely if we're going to change philosophy this is the best time to do it, hence the frustrations?

Fair enough, recent years there's been a lot of pressure to win the top league and do something in Europe in the middle of financial crisis. But now we're in a part time league, you say yourself we'll win it regardless. So surely with that reduced pressure it's an ideal opportunity to make a fresh start in trying to play good football?

You don't need to spend millions to do it either, yes you'll need to spend money as you get higher up but this kind of thing is built up from grassroots level. Swansea for example, yes they can do quite a bit in the transfer market now but they created their footballing mentality from when they were in the likes of the third and fourth tier.

Edited by simplythebest