Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

It will never change if Ally is at the helm, there's no point having a world leading commercial side if your stuck in Div1 and that's where Ally will get us stuck.

I would love to know what you see from the style of football that Ally puts on show that gives you any glimmer that its going to get better?

We have been playing crap football for years, even when we where going for 3 in a row I had folk around me saying they didn't know if they were coming next season, because the football was crap. We have a right to ask to be entertained and watch our team play some good football, and apart from maybe 3 or 4 games a season we have been watching Rangers grind out wins against average SPL teams for years.

I'm fed up watching it, my family are fed up watching it, somebody out there can get us playing good attractive football it's time the board found him and gave him a job.

we need to think outside the box. no more jobs for the boys.

utter rubbish. it is easily fixed.

It's not easily fixed at all. If underperforming football teams were easy to 'fix' then you wouldn't see so many clubs down south losing all semblance of common sense and going through managers at the same rate they change their strips.

You're not satisfied with our team, our management, our play, you name it. I just pointed out that for probably years to come the team will not play champagne football or anything to match your satisfaction. Hence I suggested - not to "anyone", but only - to you to look for another team to support as well, so your appetite for football is still there should Rangers be up there alongside the likes of Barca, ManU, Dortmund or the like.

I watched Dortmund v Schalke Yesterday and Dortmund were atrocious. They couldn't put three passes together. I was actually looking if Ally was sitting in the dugout.:)

I watched Dortmund v Schalke Yesterday and Dortmund were atrocious. They couldn't put three passes together. I was actually looking if Ally was sitting in the dugout.:)

Which is one of my points! Dortmund can produce champagne footie at times, slaughtered various teams including Bayern at the tail end of last season. Their manager was praised beyond scope ... this season they are struggling though. Bayern was 2nd in 4 trophies they aimed for last season, yet despite only signing one major player are ruling the roost again. As in: even the big ones with grand managers and even grander players have spells where they produce dire footie, if not to say utter rubbish. And you will have fans who slag e.g. the Dortmund manager like there is no tomorrow or there never was that mentioned tail-end of last season. (And then compare that to what McCoist has on his disposal ... (And yes, seasoned pros alone, even internationals, make no winning formula against determined amateurs week in and week out. Over a season, the chances are that the quality will prevail though, even though the football will be dire.))

It's not easily fixed at all. If underperforming football teams were easy to 'fix' then you wouldn't see so many clubs down south losing all semblance of common sense and going through managers at the same rate they change their strips.

of course it is. here is a start

- keep players in training all day, full time like their contracts state.

- surround yourself with real coaches, not pals.

- play players in their correct positions.

- dont persist on playing your favourites.

- drop players when off form.

- tell them if they are not pulling their weight on the pitch they are off, and do it.

- play 2 men up front.

- play 2 wide out wide.

- dont show mediocre part time postmen the respect you would reserve for champions league opponents.

doesnt get much easier.

chairman spitting the dummy or panicking and changing managers constantly is a failing on their part. they either inherited the wrong man and kept him on or hired the wrong man. it is not hard to tell if your manager is doing a good job. ours is failing badly and should have been replaced when the takeover was complete. a failing of whyte for keeping him on and a failing on the new board for keeping him on too. he was never going to be a good manager.

It will never change if Ally is at the helm, there's no point having a world leading commercial side if your stuck in Div1 and that's where Ally will get us stuck.

I would love to know what you see from the style of football that Ally puts on show that gives you any glimmer that its going to get better?

We have been playing crap football for years, even when we where going for 3 in a row I had folk around me saying they didn't know if they were coming next season, because the football was crap. We have a right to ask to be entertained and watch our team play some good football, and apart from maybe 3 or 4 games a season we have been watching Rangers grind out wins against average SPL teams for years.

I'm fed up watching it, my family are fed up watching it, somebody out there can get us playing good attractive football it's time the board found him and gave him a job.[/QUOTE]

1st point , I dont see anything from this team thats suggests that we will play any decent football , perhaps when Templeton cones back it will get better and we will open teams up easier . All I expected from this year was the stabalising of the club and hoped for restructuring of the youth set up , possibly a good cup run or two , and also to win the league . I dont know what else will happen , there is rumours of the result od the BTC ( seemingly we have won more points than we lost but still they set a figure we should have had to pay back were it not for the administration event).

2nd , I totally agree about the crap football we pla , apart from when wee Dick was in charge , we have been woeful , under walter we were brilliant domestically and atrocious in europe , 2nd time araound we didnt care we just wanted to win . PLG tried to play good football but attrocious finishing and losing the dressing room ended him , big eck is as he always is , good with other managers players but rubbish at bringing in his own.

3rd That my friend is what every supporter of every team bar a a select few all hope , dream and pray for , the holy grail , but we always turn up , we always get excited and we all still dream of playing for Rangers .

Lets face it , you could be a one man defence lol