Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Sounds to me like McCoist is the only person playing football for our team? Yep, sarcasm intended.

DB I assume you're referring to the players deserving blame?

Of course they do, and they're getting plenty of stick from fans at games. But you can't sack a squad of players.

DB I assume you're referring to the players deserving blame?

Of course they do, and they're getting plenty of stick from fans at games. But you can't sack a squad of players.

Can't sack a manager during an IPO either not when there's loads of filthy lucre to be made!

Why can't we play good football?

Your question makes it sound like playing good football is easy. That being the case then you'd expect at least a third of the Scottish league teams to be doing it. So which 14 teams should we be emulating? Maybe we could watch them on the telly and see how we should be playing. We can't expect Barcelona but we can perhaps expect to be in the top third of Scottish football. So what's the list of teams that are the exemplars?

I must admit my main concern about Ally from the outset was whether he could get us out the 3rd division, that was a real worry for me, now that we have finally reached the top I've no worries tbh only because the rest of the teams are taking each other out.

There isn't a 'runaway' in the league which is comforting.

The 2nd division will most likely pan out the same way, but can he take us beyond that? I have a feeling the answer is no.

I must admit my main concern about Ally from the outset was whether he could get us out the 3rd division, that was a real worry for me, now that we have finally reached the top I've no worries tbh only because the rest of the teams are taking each other out.

There isn't a 'runaway' in the league which is comforting.

The 2nd division will most likely pan out the same way, but can he take us beyond that? I have a feeling the answer is no.

Don't forget after January next season we can bring in new players so the team may look totally different as the team of today.

Would getting rid of Ally now not unsettle the share issue in some way?

I think we need to look deeper, it's his back room staff and the jobs for the boys issue that's deeply ingrained at Ibrox that's the problem. Could there be too many staff that are way too comfortable in their jobs?

Durant and McDowell have to take a lot of the blame too but because Ally is good mates with them, ESP Durrant it makes it very difficult for him to let them go and bring in someone else?

I personally think Jimmy Calderwood would be great till we hit the SPL. He'd take no shit and knows the game at a lower level.

But, alas, I think each and every one of us knows deep down Ally will be here till the end of the season. We're now top of the league so him, and CG have that trump card to play......"But we're top of the league" which is kind of hard to rogue against as how many manager get sacked when they are top of their league?

Would getting rid of Ally now not unsettle the share issue in some way?

I think we need to look deeper, it's his back room staff and the jobs for the boys issue that's deeply ingrained at Ibrox that's the problem. Could there be too many staff that are way too comfortable in their jobs?

Durant and McDowell have to take a lot of the blame too but because Ally is good mates with them, ESP Durrant it makes it very difficult for him to let them go and bring in someone else?

I personally think Jimmy Calderwood would be great till we hit the SPL. He'd take no shit and knows the game at a lower level.

But, alas, I think each and every one of us knows deep down Ally will be here till the end of the season. We're now top of the league so him, and CG have that trump card to play......"But we're top of the league" which is kind of hard to rogue against as how many manager get sacked when they are top of their league?

Paragraphs 2,3 and 4 are spot on IMO.