Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Thing is though, why not, or something resembling it? Surely if we're going to change philosophy this is the best time to do it, hence the frustrations?

Fair enough, recent years there's been a lot of pressure to win the top league and do something in Europe in the middle of financial crisis. But now we're in a part time league, you say yourself we'll win it regardless. So surely with that reduced pressure it's an ideal opportunity to make a fresh start in trying to play good football?

You don't need to spend millions to do it either, yes you'll need to spend money as you get higher up but this kind of thing is built up from grassroots level. Swansea for example, yes they can do quite a bit in the transfer market now but they created their footballing mentality from when they were in the likes of the third and fourth tier.

you are 100% correct stb.

of course it is possible to play better football to an extent. this "we will never play good football" gag is a line peddled out by those who see no wrong in anything rangers do. brainwashed into thinking the long ball and defensive tactics deployed by previous managers is the way we should always play. it is ridiculous.

We seem to be screaming for the club to be run to the best of its ability, but then being happy for the team to be run like a bloody amateur side. Get somebody in who can take us forward on the pitch or all the good work off the pitch will mean nothing.

You could take us back 15 years and the above would still be true , we were romping the league but were European dogsbodies .

I do not believe that what we are going through just now is going to be forever , this is just the start of the journey , but far too many are now of the opinion that since the club is saved then we should be back to playing like we were before , it doesnt work that way

uber super fan alert. who the hell are you to tell anyone who to support?

You're not satisfied with our team, our management, our play, you name it. I just pointed out that for probably years to come the team will not play champagne football or anything to match your satisfaction. Hence I suggested - not to "anyone", but only - to you to look for another team to support as well, so your appetite for football is still there should Rangers be up there alongside the likes of Barca, ManU, Dortmund or the like.

Personally I think Ally lacks any man management skills that added to his obvious lack of tactical nous makes him for me not fit for The Rangers job, IMHO of course.

its hard to see any evidence your wrong about that.

I thought that no matter what the players would play for ally but it seems not.

You could take us back 15 years and the above would still be true , we were romping the league but were European dogsbodies .

I do not believe that what we are going through just now is going to be forever , this is just the start of the journey , but far too many are now of the opinion that since the club is saved then we should be back to playing like we were before , it doesnt work that way

It will never change if Ally is at the helm, there's no point having a world leading commercial side if your stuck in Div1 and that's where Ally will get us stuck.

I would love to know what you see from the style of football that Ally puts on show that gives you any glimmer that its going to get better?

We have been playing crap football for years, even when we where going for 3 in a row I had folk around me saying they didn't know if they were coming next season, because the football was crap. We have a right to ask to be entertained and watch our team play some good football, and apart from maybe 3 or 4 games a season we have been watching Rangers grind out wins against average SPL teams for years.

I'm fed up watching it, my family are fed up watching it, somebody out there can get us playing good attractive football it's time the board found him and gave him a job.

Edited by GovanAllan

You're not satisfied with our team, our management, our play, you name it. I just pointed out that for probably years to come the team will not play champagne football or anything to match your satisfaction. Hence I suggested - not to "anyone", but only - to you to look for another team to support as well, so your appetite for football is still there should Rangers be up there alongside the likes of Barca, ManU, Dortmund or the like.

Why can't we play good football?

utter rubbish. it is easily fixed. i am sure whoever green has in line to replace ally will do it the right way. no one is asking for barcelona type football, just simple basic things being done well. our team to look organised. our players to give 100%. players picked in their right positions. players dropped when off form. not playing 1 man up front in a part time league against plumbers and bank clerks. do that and i will be happy. right now we cannot even get the easiest of things right.