Stevie Naismith comment...

my mates a primary school teacher where Jig's kids go to in Bothwell and he takes them and picks him up from school. So given that it would take say half an hour to get to Auchenhowie I'd say the players would be training a maximum of 4 hours on a good day. I find that absolutely ridiculous. And people wonder why Scotland don't produce any decent players. Footballers are professional athletes and should work as hard as others. PLG was wrong on a lot of different things but he was 100% correct on the double sessions. Even if they focus on ballwork for the vast majority of it then it would improve their touch, passing, set pieces etc.

my mates a primary school teacher where Jig's kids go to in Bothwell and he takes them and picks him up from school. So given that it would take say half an hour to get to Auchenhowie I'd say the players would be training a maximum of 4 hours on a good day. I find that absolutely ridiculous. And people wonder why Scotland don't produce any decent players. Footballers are professional athletes and should work as hard as others. PLG was wrong on a lot of different things but he was 100% correct on the double sessions. Even if they focus on ballwork for the vast majority of it then it would improve their touch, passing, set pieces etc.

You can see straight away while watching games in other leagues the players are so much fitter and in a better physical shape. You would think this in one thing we could at least try harder on.

It's why the clever managers, the successful managers, don't rant and rave as much as they used to.

I'd say this is true in general. What seems to be a fairly successful way is Mourinho's approach. He rants at everything and everybody, referres, journalists, other managers, other teams, other players and what not. But he seems to be protective of his own players. Looks like this works out well enough.

Regarding the sessions at Auchenhowie. I felt that the team could be in a better shape physically but 3 hours a day is just ridiculous mate. Shocking. I personally have never played football above a very regional level (talking second to last league here, it doesn't go down much further) and even there where preseason training session that would last longer than 3- 4 hours.

When Souness first came in did he not have two a day sessions?

Auchenhowie is a fcking holiday camp by the looks of things.

I wouldnt mind us having 3 hour training sessions a day if we were trampling all before us.... actually, I STILL would mind because they get paid vast sums of money for their profession when, in essence, they are working part-time. Ridiculous given the sums of money they are on.

And not for one minute will I listen to how physically and mentally exerting their profession is. Go say that to all the mechanics, dustbin men, labourers - who are busting their hump every day of the week for 9 hours just to get by.

Pampered, spoiled, arrogant, ignorant, selfish, incaring bassas.

Your support are suffering through turgid shite... but so long as you can be on the tee blocks by 12 having played shite two days earlier.... all is well.

Where is the vomit smilie :(

Edited by craig

What I was wondering this morning, what in the world is going on within McCulloch to twitter about being at the driving range at noon. He obviously knows people are going to read it (in fact that's why he does it in the first place) and also does he know he and his teammates have pretty much stuffed the last match up. If he's no complete muppet he must've thought about this kind of giving the impression the lads are taking it easy after a horrible match. Otherwise this is patently cheeky.

Is it definitely true that we train 3 hrs per day? Maybe one of our twitter people could ask one of the lads directly? Hadn't given this much consideration before. In light of our circumstances, recent results and general horrors the support has been forced to endure of late, the suggestion the boys train for 3 hours a fucking day makes me sick. If true, this is yet another nail in the coffin of my love for football. Disgraceful ah tell ye!

Interestingly enough, for anyone who has watched the Walter Smith DVD's... he makes a statement in an interview, which I had corroborated by the Man City U13 Academy director... that for a kid to "make it" they reckon you need at least 10,000 hours of coaching/training.

I didnt think this sounded like much to go from 6 yrs old to 16yrs old... however, in 10 years that equates to 1,000 hours a year, which is 20 hours a week which is actually quite a lot for young kids when you throw in school work and other extra-curricular activities.

However, the point I am trying to make is that if it is expected that you need to put in 20 hours a week to "make it" (and lets not forget that 20 hours is likely not inclusive of physical fitness training) then when you become a pro the LEAST that you should be willing to put in is the same as the amount that it took you to get to where you are anyway.

These players are, effectively, cheating in my mind. Cheating the club, cheating the fans and, sadly, cheating even themselves - because they arent doing all they can to be all that they can be.

Auchenhowie is a fcking holiday camp by the looks of things.

I wouldnt mind us having 3 hour training sessions a day if we were trampling all before us.... actually, I STILL would mind because they get paid vast sums of money for their profession when, in essence, they are working part-time.

I pointed this out on one of the "Ally, Ally GTF" threads. People are looking at our squad, comparing it to our opposition and coming away with comments about how we should be hammering these small clubs because they're only "part-timers", but in actual fact our own players are essentially part-timers too. I'm only guessing of course, but I think it's pretty fair to suggest that a lot of the part-time players at these wee clubs we're playing against in the 3rd division actually train as much as our own highly paid, supposedly full-time pros.

I think it's scandalous to be honest. Our players should DEFINITELY be doing two training sessions a day. It should be something like a morning session from 9 till 12 and a couple of hours doing ball and skill work after an Auchenhowie lunch.