It was a tackle from behind by Jack Steel, similar to the one by Black on Jelavic last year. According to Tom miller on RTV during the game.

He also compared an Annan player's run down the left wing to Usain Bolt! :D

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist has blamed Annan’s plastic pitch for crocking new signing David Templeton.

The good news for Gers fans is the former Hearts ace HASN’T broken his ankle.

But McCoist is still waiting anxiously to find out the full extent of the injury, amid fears Temps could be ruled out for two months with ligament damage.

McCoist, whose side host Queen of the South in tonight’s Ramsdens Cup quarter-final, said: “His ankle isn’t broken, but it’s pretty bad.

“He has ligament damage and only time will tell if it’s worse or not. At least with a break you know where you are.

“The Annan boy was nowhere near him, he just got his studs caught in the surface.

“Our doctor did say the pitch definitely played a part in it, but I don’t know how much.

“As those surfaces go, it looked all right, but whether we should be playing on them is a different point.

“We have two artificial facilities at Murray Park — one outdoors and one indoors — and I don’t ask my older players to use it. That would give you an indication as to what my views are on them.

“I’m not going to start an anti-plastic pitch campaign because we have four teams in our league who use them, and I fully appreciate why they do.

“We’ll just have to monitor David and see how severe the damage is when the swelling goes down.

“I’ve no idea what timescale we’re looking at. I’d settle for a month, but I think it’ll be longer.”

Annan hit back at McCoist’s claims their FIFA-approved pitch was to blame for Temps’ injury.

Secretary Alan Irving said: “Players pick up injuries on grass pitches — one of our young lads recently broke his leg on one.

“Artificial surfaces are now used in Champions League matches and cup finals. Ours is state-of-the-art.

“Not counting youth team games, we must have played a dozen times on that surface without any problems. One thing which has become clear, though, is you need to wear the right footwear.

“I’m sad Templeton has been injured, but I find it incredible our pitch is being blamed for it.

“He’d gone into a tackle shortly before he went down and I wonder if perhaps he was suffering a delayed reaction to that.”

Rangers go into tonight’s tie needing to bounce back from three disappointing away results.

But McCoist argued: “I was more worried at Berwick when we didn’t play well at all.

“We had a lot more of the ball at Annan and should have done more with it. I was disappointed but not totally downbeat.

“I don’t think it’s a question of attitude. We’ve prepared for the away games in the SFL the way we would have in the SPL.

“The preparation has been the same for the matches at Peterhead, Berwick and Annan. It’s just not clicked yet.

“The three draws aren’t a total disaster, but three defeats would have been. That’s not a cop-out — we have to do better away from home and turn draws into wins.”

The Ibrox trip will be a special one for the Queens management duo of Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark — both former Gers stars.

McCoist added: “We’ve watched videos of them and they’ve started the season well.

“They battered six past Arbroath and beat Hibs in the League Cup, which was thoroughly deserved.

“We’re happy the tie is at Ibrox. It could be our biggest challenge at home so far this season.

“I’ve kept in touch with Sandy over the years. He’s a good mate. He and Allan are doing well down there. They’ve had only one draw against East Fife and they should have won that as well.

“They’re really direct. Their team looks to get the ball in the box and get bodies on the end of it.

“That’s what Allan and Sandy were like as players and that’s the case now they’re coaches.

“Sandy was as brave as a lion as a centre-forward and a great character. I’m delighted to see him back in the game and doing well.

“I appreciate they will want to put one over on the club they played for. I guarantee the so-called smaller clubs we play against fancy their chances.

“In the current climate, if you want a time to play Rangers, it’s now, when the club is going through a transitional phase.

“But I hope our good home form continues and we can then take that into the away games.

“For all the glory and joy of playing at Ibrox in front of 45,000 people, you still get the same three points when you go to Annan, Berwick and Peterhead.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4543493/Ally-blast-at-Annan-pitch.html#ixzz26m2dXLgN

“Not counting youth team games, we must have played a dozen times on that surface without any problems. One thing which has become clear, though, is you need to wear the right footwear.

I've been wondering about this. What's the difference in boots needed?