I've just read this thread with interest as I was banned from FF last year for starting a thread on a similar vein to that written by the OP. My thread was less dramatic and/or personal in my opinion but I was banned simply for raising a topic and suggesting that maybe, just maybe, some of our fans could be a a tad bigoted.

I guess I want my cake and eat it on this. I have no problems with the political stuff, especially the anti SNP stuff, but I do have a major problem with the UVF & YCV crap. I have no interest in that paramilitary shit and I don't want to sit at Ibrox and hear about gallows being built for guys fighting against the IRA. It has little or no relevance to 21st century Scotland and certainly none to me. We can be strongly pro Unionist without signing about some of this stuff.

Vote for who want Max, that is if you can find anybody worth voting for, the political landscape in Scotland is like a barren desert.

I tend to agree Govan but I just can't stand this whole "you're a Gers fan so you SHOULD vote this way". There will be many thing to consider before putting my cross to a piece of paper and Rangers will never be one of them

If you don't like it don't sing it, that's what I do or have done.

No fan has any right to stop others singing even if they don't agree or like it.

I want the billy boys song back but I'm sure some fans are glad it's gone :(

A tarrier asked me that a few years ago.

'Is it true all you protestants vote for the tories.'

Aye that's why the Tories have no seats in Scotland !!

i was brought up with the tories being the good guys and the labour the bad guys. snp were nobodies until they got into bed with the catholic church.

It seems strange to me that we do not want Celtic singing politically based songs but it seems to be okay for us. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Personally I object to pro-iRA songs, not them singing politically per se, and don't see anything hypocritical about it.

Edited by Bluedell

So now we're supporting supporters now? Who supports the supporting supporters?

Not really sure what this means, but you obviously don't see any problem in being abusive towards your fellow supporters. Says a lot....

If you're so outraged about a democratic vote being held then go to Holyrood and voice your disdain, or why not just move to North Korea?

Eh? It's you that's trying to stop people using their democtatic right to express their political views. North Korea seems to be more in line with your views.

Is a football gound a relevant place to complain about the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012?

I fail to see what is wrong in football fans showing their displeasure at the introduction of this act, but it seems that some think that we should not be allowed to complain, or if we do then we should only complain in places that they dictate.

I wonder if those complaining about non-footballing songs sing along to Penny Arcade? :whistle:

I'd say the majority of fans who sing these big bad songs respect or can understand those who don't like them or don't want to sing them, but it sounds like it's not the same respect the other way round. There are lots of different religion/political views/beliefs but just because some don't like it doesn't mean it should disappear or is wrong.