One thing I noticed regards the singing today, a marked absence of FTP perhaps the notion that it's merely a self-inflicted wound has gotten through.

or more evidence that the catholic church is indeed taking over our country before our very eyes. next they will have us all converting.

The lads in TBO and the UB put a lot of time and effort into supporting Rangers, not to mention the amount of cash forked out, its a way of life for them. I think it's a 'poor show' to read them being called 'tits' 'an embarrassment' 'daft wee boys' 'wannabee girls brigaders' and whatever else.

Sure some of them might be daft wee boys , who wasnt when they were young ?

The majority of people in the BF1 are not daft wee boys, tit's, or an embarrassment... They are a credit to our club.

It would be better for all gers fans if we stuck to football songs only - why the f**k songs about the ira and salmond are on the song sheet is quite frankly embarrassing, not just for our club but the more mature guys with kids who spend a helluva lot more plenty to follow the team.

This thread saddens me. Nothing against the OP, Edge is of course fully within his rights to express his opinion. However, singing songs that are against people who'd like nothing more than all Rangers fans, including you Edge, wiped off the map should never be discouraged.

Yes, the argument for non football songs being sung is there and it will never leave our support, nor will it leave other teams support, but our country, along with NI and ROI, has history. That history cannot be changed, it's part of the culture and one I'm for celebrating.

We often say Rangers are 'more than a club'. This phrase is really open to interpretation. Does the phrase make us warm inside. If so, why is that? Because we're so diverse, or because we are unique in Scotland? Most of us celebrate and relate our culture to Unionism and Protestantism. Okay, that's not football but as the club's evolved so has the support where we define one another.

Look at Celtic, born a Catholic club, set up to, apparently, protect the Catholic migration from Ireland; now it's nothing more than an outpost for Irish Republicanism. Have we ever wondered why they get away with it? They play the race card, 'we're victims in a protestant country where the Irish are oppressed'. Complete bollocks. Many other countries across the globe hands out free Uni education without discrimination? One of many facts that debunk the myth of favouritism or discrimination.

We should be celebrating our culture: Unionism, nationalism, Protestants or Catholics, it's there. Not in any form should we apologise, discard or forget where our forefathers come from. Nor should we ever forget the people who wish us harm, especially due to the fact they're still alive and kicking.

I won't be hiding my political feelings any time soon, I won't expect my opposite to do so, however, where I live guilt free is the fact that when I oppose, allegedly, my political enemies it is based on their desire to wipe me out. I don't oppose, I celebrate my culture and the battles we have won.

Apologies for the rant but I'm close to being declared as smashed.

Edited by Stimpy