Sorry mate, just disagree.

I just don't buy into this "culture" stuff, especially to use it as an excuse to sing songs about the IRA and UVF. Some fans on here and on other Rangers forums moan quite often about how Celtic "get away" with singing songs about terrorist organisations yet here we are, at a game vs QP, with our £6m wage team, drawing 0-0 in the 2nd half against amateurs, and BF1 break into songs about the IRA and Salmond?

What's especially annoying is that they do have some good wee football related tunes these days.

Apologies for any shite I typed last night, I was well oiled. :)

I have to agree with Edge, what the hell has the referendum got to do with supporting Rangers. If that is the best songs they can come up with then let them sit outside Holyrood instead of Ibrox.

Agree with Pete and Edge. What is the point of singing about other things that have got nothing to do with supporting Rangers. Would they walk down the street and sing these things?

There has always been a number in our support who just follow the next guy and dont actually look / believe in the substance in what they are singing, they just want to fit in. If the chant was 'my granny is a slag' some of them would still sing along.

I was like this in the 90s when growing up, I thought singing about 1690 was part of Rangers but when you become aware you realise half the songs sang have nothing to do with the football team.

This thread saddens me. Nothing against the OP, Edge is of course fully within his rights to express his opinion. However, singing songs that are against people who'd like nothing more than all Rangers fans, including you Edge, wiped off the map should never be discouraged.

Yes, the argument for non football songs being sung is there and it will never leave our support, nor will it leave other teams support, but our country, along with NI and ROI, has history. That history cannot be changed, it's part of the culture and one I'm for celebrating.

We often say Rangers are 'more than a club'. This phrase is really open to interpretation. Does the phrase make us warm inside. If so, why is that? Because we're so diverse, or because we are unique in Scotland? Most of us celebrate and relate our culture to Unionism and Protestantism. Okay, that's not football but as the club's evolved so has the support where we define one another.

Look at Celtic, born a Catholic club, set up to, apparently, protect the Catholic migration from Ireland; now it's nothing more than an outpost for Irish Republicanism. Have we ever wondered why they get away with it? They play the race card, 'we're victims in a protestant country where the Irish are oppressed'. Complete bollocks. Many other countries across the globe hands out free Uni education without discrimination? One of many facts that debunk the myth of favouritism or discrimination.

We should be celebrating our culture: Unionism, nationalism, Protestants or Catholics, it's there. Not in any form should we apologise, discard or forget where our forefathers come from. Nor should we ever forget the people who wish us harm, especially due to the fact they're still alive and kicking.

I won't be hiding my political feelings any time soon, I won't expect my opposite to do so, however, where I live guilt free is the fact that when I oppose, allegedly, my political enemies it is based on their desire to wipe me out. I don't oppose, I celebrate my culture and the battles we have won.

Apologies for the rant but I'm close to being declared as smashed.

As soon as you say "Look at Celtic," your post falls flat on it's face for me. I support Rangers I do not give a fuck about Celtic. We are not Rangers the opposite pole to Celtic Football Club. We are Rangers Football Club. We stand on our own.

I hate Salmond and the SNP and what they are doing, they done fuck all to help us when we needed it and also want to take Scotland out of the UK. Rangers are pretty hated as a Scottish club in Scotland and more hated as a British club in Scotland, it will get much worse if the SNP get in and get their independence (which I don't think/hope they certainly don't). We are a quintessential British club as we promote and our history shows this, most fans love this, why shouldn't we sing about some prat trying to change this as it will if they get in. As has been said it didn't go on for long but I joined in, as I did with other songs which have been sung for decades and I like, I won't stop just to please the minority of fans and why should I. As I said before maybe if the rest of the fans sing up and sing songs they want to hear they wouldn't hear the songs they don't like or maybe the rest of ground would join in with you. Stop moaning and start singing I say :)

Go to Holyrood and sing it then.

So you're so arrogant that you feel you can dictate to other fans what they can and can't sing? Why do you think you havre the right to do that?

Slagging off your fellow fans and labelling them embarrassments? Do you feel that's acceptable?

It seems that you think it's OK to slag off Rangers fans but not the IRA. Good to see where your priorities lie.

So you're so arrogant that you feel you can dictate to other fans what they can and can't sing? Why do you think you havre the right to do that?

Slagging off your fellow fans and labelling them embarrassments? Do you feel that's acceptable?

It seems that you think it's OK to slag off Rangers fans but not the IRA. Good to see where your priorities lie.

It seems strange to me that we do not want Celtic singing politically based songs but it seems to be okay for us. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

So now we're supporting supporters now? Who supports the supporting supporters?

If you're so outraged about a democratic vote being held then go to Holyrood and voice your disdain, or why not just move to North Korea?