Green plans Rangers wage cap

as I say good luck to green with this its all well and good but if we aren't winning leagues the fans will not wear it.

if we are it makes perfect sense. a dividend would never be acceptable though. do you know that between 4 and 6p of ever pound celtc fans put into celtc goes back out to fat cats like Desmond and lawell in dividends. I have no idea why they accept that.

They're financially secure and have still managed to be pretty successful.

So you want us to go back to spending what we don't have then?

I want us to have proper ambition. frankly I'm not sure what people mean by we can't repeat the mistakes of the past.

we certainly shouldn't use ebt's but we should aim for 25 years if dominance ending In 14 million of debt.

we should pay our tax and not be owned by a Shyster.

did any of those teans win their league?

They play in Europe on various levels and manage to live on a leaner wage bill to get there. That was my point. As much as the likes of ICT or Killie had a chance to beat the Old Firm to the title in Scotland, as much chance had (and will have) the Old Firm to challenge the big guns in Europe for titles. If luck serves us well, sides like those I mentioned or the Old Firm can hope for a Europe League final once in ten years. That is the reality we IMHO should keep in mind.

When under the old guard and with the jjb deal in place our turnover was circa £40 odd million give or take a couple of million , that would give you a wage bill of approx £13 pa , almost double what we have now.

Given that everyone who has posted on the jjb deal have consistently posted that £5 million net profit equates to approx £20-25 million of turnover , which would raise out turnover to £60-65 million approx and a wage bill of approx £20-22 million , now if anyone tells me that with proper scouting and a decent sized squad we wouldnt be able to win the league then I think they are nuts , and these figures are all before any growth across any of our present deals , such as kit deals , shirt sponsorship , stadium advertising etc etc

Also all of the above is without any european revenue , it will be at least 3 years before we get that either.

Just noticed on the official site about the game being on RTV at £5.99 in the UK and abroad at the same price , now I know we all have and possibly do use illegal streams , however if a conservative amount of fans worldwide pay this , even , it could bring in an amazing amount of cash

Edited by rbr