Rangers share offer prospectus (PDF) 122pages.

That's a slightly misleading comment. You said on here yourself that it wasn't very good and was more of a rant. After reading it I told you that if you worked on it a little and polished it up, then we might look to publish it, but your reply to that sounded to me as if you couldn't be bothered, which is perfectly ok. ;)

Anyway, where are these articles folks? :whistle:

I'll have to change tack, at 3000 words after only 26 pages I'm in danger of producing an opus more lengthy than the prospectus itself :(

I'll give you one by the weekend. :)

I'll have to change tack, at 3000 words after only 26 pages I'm in danger of producing an opus more lengthy than the prospectus itself :(

Nice one chaps. When you're done, if you could just post them in a new thread with a thread title for the actual article, that would be great, thanks! :)

Whyte wouldn't have got near Rangers if we hadn't been so badly managed a bank was controlling us.

He did much of the damage but he never appeared out of no-where, there was a domino effect.

That first sentence is just flat out wrong. SDM had been looking for a buyer for YEARS. Whyte was the first one to "come up" with the money to satisfy SDM - and dont be kidded, SDM would still have taken his money even if he wasnt under pressure by LBG.

Whyte pushed us to where we were. SDM was at least remaining current on tax liabilities.... whereas Whyte never paid them....

It doesn't work as it's not analogous...

It's more like SDM decides his car is of a lower tax bracket than it is and so doesn't pay all the road tax, and the DVLA decide the car is of the highest bracket and so it's not paid and are going to crush it and won't do any deals. Knowing that, the car is sold to a dodgy character, Whyte who doesn't pay for any road tax at all and crashes the car before it is crushed to claim on the insurance. The DVLA then crush the car. Afterwards, the courts decide that SDM was paying the correct tax after all.

The problem is that you have huge sentiment for the car. Who is really to blame?

That is far more analagous and when you look at it that way, it seems the biggest baddies in the destruction of the car are the DVLA, although Whyte is obviously a fraudster...

rangers were sold with 14 million pounds worth of debt little more than the equivelant of a little rust on the bonnet.

That first sentence is just flat out wrong. SDM had been looking for a buyer for YEARS. Whyte was the first one to "come up" with the money to satisfy SDM - and dont be kidded, SDM would still have taken his money even if he wasnt under pressure by LBG.

Whyte pushed us to where we were. SDM was at least remaining current on tax liabilities.... whereas Whyte never paid them....

We were badly in debt all the years he tried to sell, if he'd managed properly there'd have been more serious interest.

I agree Murray was delighted to get out regardless.

Whyte wouldn't have got near Rangers if we hadn't been so badly managed a bank was controlling us.

He did much of the damage but he never appeared out of no-where, there was a domino effect.

The Murray group was badly managed and easily chewed up by Fullerton and cohorts. A debt for equity swap + Murray just a name. We were the victims. Whyte wouldn't have got near us indeed. Good job my granny never had balls.

Rangers as a stand alone company were doing fine. We were under no threat of liquidation when Whyte took over - absolutely none when LBG/MIH sold the club. The club was healthy financially, decent debt to asset ratio and reducing the debt on the long term loan easily. Aberdeen + Killie have the same levels of debt we had with about 1/3rd of the turnover. No need to even bother with Hearts.

Whyte and Whyte alone put us into administration by not paying a single bill and lifting anything that was not nailed down.

You carry on and blame Murray all you like but the balance sheet when Whyte bought us and what he managed to do in 9 months when we had admin + £55m of creditors tells a totally different story.

That's a slightly misleading comment. You said on here yourself that it wasn't very good and was more of a rant. After reading it I told you that if you worked on it a little and polished it up, then we might look to publish it, but your reply to that sounded to me as if you couldn't be bothered, which is perfectly ok. ;)

Anyway, where are these articles folks? :whistle:

I was only kidding mate. I wouldnt publish it either if it was up to me.

It's not that I cant be bothered, I just dont have the time/skill to write a decent article. I might clean it up a bit and stick it in a thread, because I think I made some decent points. I think the thing about the bonus payments, especially Ahmads, should be shouted from the rooftops.

Edited by ComeOffit